Technical Writer - IT Internship
The Arts Club Theatre Company
Vancouver , BC
The Arts Club Theatre Company is Canada’s largest not-for-profit urban theatre company. The Arts Club Theatre Company produces professional live theatre at three locations - The Stanley Industrial Alliance Stage, The Granville Island Stage and Production Shop, and The BMO Theatre Centre as well as offering productions on tour throughout the province. The Arts Club Theatre Company offices, rehearsal halls, workshops, and theatres are all located on the unceded, ancestral and traditional shared lands of the x?m?θkw?y??m (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and S?l?ílw?ta?/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
The Arts Club Theatre Company is currently accepting applications for the position of Technical Writer – IT Internship. As part of the Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) Program, this 4-month internship is for a technical writer for our pci self-assessment and our cyber security policies. Part of pci compliance and cyber security means having strong documentation of policy and procedures to back up the network infrastructure along with staff procedures. Network diagrams will need to be created.
The ideal candidate must be a self-starter and have completed a technical writing program or have relevant experience and a desire to work in that field. The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office and ideally have a working knowledge of Adobe Suite.
The work will be part remote from home and part in our offices at the BMO Theatre Centre in Vancouver.
As part of the Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) candidates must:
- Be between the ages of 15 and 30, inclusive and at the start of the internship
- Be a post-secondary graduate (i.e. has completed a diploma or degree following secondary education)
- Not be in receipt of EI during the course of the work placement
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada - a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person granted refugee status
- Not be an immediate family member of the recipient or employer
- Resides and can physically work in BC
- Self-assess as underemployed, meaning they are employed below their level of education and/or hold part-time employment or are unemployed
- Not have completed a DS4Y work placement in their lifetime
- Not be a co-op student
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Strong organizational with great attention to detail
- The ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize assignments
- Excellent computer skills with technically savvy
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to analyze and solve problems independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Start date: as soon as possible
Salary: $25/hr plus vacation pay in lieu
Employment Type: Full-time – 40 hours per week – four (4) month contract