PulseAir Heart & Lung Centre
Edmonton , AB
1703671 Alberta Ltd. operating as PulseAir Heart & Lung Centre is currently seeking 1 full-time Echocardiography Technologist to join our team in Edmonton, Alberta.
We are a collaboration of Edmonton Cardiology Consultants, Advanced Respiratory Care Network and Inspiram providing a range of diagnostics in cardiology, respirology, sleep medicine, internal medicine and allergy.
Our areas of expertise include echocardiography, exercise stress testing, 24-hour holter monitoring, Pulmonary function testing, sleep medicine, CPAP therapy, allergy and internal medicine.
Our Mission is to set new standards in the delivery of comprehensive, efficient and cost effective health care services with a commitment to high quality patient care.
We can offer you a great environment with an outstanding team and the opportunity for learning and growth. We operate at the 'Square on 23rd' Building at 9136 - 23 Avenue NW, Edmonton, Alberta T6N 1H9.
Are you a patient focused Echocardiography Technologist with excellent clinical skills looking for a new role? If so, this position is for you. In your role, some of your duties will include:
- Performing high quality diagnostic medical ultrasound images to assess the cardiac structure and function and provides accurate information to assist the physician with the diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Reducing patient anxieties by explaining procedures, answering question, aiding the patient to the exam table
- Using proper patient positioning technique, imaging probes, equipment settings, and ergonomically correct scanning techniques to ensure patient comfort and safety, to prevent compromised data acquisition and to prevent sonographer musculoskeletal injuries
- Applying independent judgment and critical thinking during the examination to ensure that all appropriate data are accurately captured in the examination images
- Obtaining quality images by positioning and repositioning the transducer; monitoring display screen, listening to signals; adjusting equipment for beam strength and focus; detecting artifacts that mimic abnormalities recording images
- Maintaining work areas in a clean and orderly condition and ensures the examination rooms are properly supplied, equipped and operational before, during and after each shift
- Maintaining patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Working with an interdisciplinary team and other support staff to provide optimal patient care
- Regularly attending team meetings and providing updates
Education & Experience
Qualified candidates must be a graduate of a recognized training program in Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography and certified with Sonography Canada or the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or be certified with Sonography Canada and have passed the Sonography Canada Skills Assessment (CCSA). At least one year of experience in a similar role performing Echocardiograms, Stress Echo and Contrast Echo is an asset.
Knowledge and Abilities
Qualified candidates will also have the following knowledge and abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Theory and practice for Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography
- Organization policies, procedures and standards of care, including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment
- Evidence-based practice related to designated modalities
- Research process and methodology
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Perform sonographic examinations in compliance with departmental standards
- Communicate in English (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, and staff of external agencies
- Operate related equipment
- Work independently and in collaboration with others
- Establish workload priorities in collaboration with others
- Deal with and/or guide others in resolution of conflict issues
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position
- Experience with EMR systems
Wages and Benefits
The wage for this position is $48.00 – $51.23 per hour for 40 hours per week. Benefits include medical and dental coverage, wellness initiatives and free parking.