Clinical Manager Counselling - Children Youth Families
Jewish Family Services
Ottawa , ON
As a member of the management team of The Counselling Group (TCG), The Clinical Manager - Children Youth and Families role involves all aspects of development and planning for the delivery of the Child, Youth & Families services within TCG. This includes counselling services, staffing, quality control of service delivery, innovative program development, team building / collaboration, training, and enhanced support services. This role is responsible for establishing the Centre for Children, Youth and Families as a leading service in the region by promoting service excellence, creating and fostering a positive working environment, continuous improvement, community relations/collaboration, creativity and innovation.
Additional responsibilities may be assigned, or changes to responsibilities may be applied, based on operational requirements as determined by the Director of Counselling and Mental Health.
This position is is based at Jewish Family Services of Ottawa (JFS). The position reports to the Director of Counselling and Mental Health at JFS. The manger is expected to work both from JFS offices as well as remotely. Some travel to offsite locations may be required.
- Master’s Degree/PhD in Social Work or equivalent degree
- Minimum of five (5) years of counselling and two (2) years of clinical supervisory experience
- Registered or eligible for registration with respective Professional Colleges and Associations
- Maintains or is eligible to maintain professional liability insurance through their association
- Vulnerable Sector Police Record Check is mandatory
- Experience and training in relevant clinical modalities, such as play therapy, Emotion-Focused Family Therapy (EFFT), sand tray therapy, and attachment theory.
- Ability to work well within a team setting
- Ability to provide leadership and vision to the units supervised
- Knowledge of community resources, working cross-culturally, and an understanding of ethnic-specific service delivery
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures adherence and accountability to program mandates, agency policies and accreditation standards such as record keeping, client service, privacy and confidentiality etc.
- Coordinates and leads team meetings.
- Provides culturally-appropriate clinical supervision to a select number of clinicians from various professional colleges and ensures that clinicians receive appropriate staff development and support.
- Supervises seconded staff and maintains productive working relationships with partner agencies in which staff are working.
- Carries a counselling caseload (up to 14 hours a week, based on discussions with supervisor.)
- Provides leadership and team building for staff.
- Understands and follows regulations set by federal, provincial and regulatory agencies.
- Monitors and refines existing programs to reflect client/community need. This includes an understanding of both cultural / ethnic nuances as well as funder requirements.
- Supports senior management to deliver funding reports and develops funding proposals as opportunity arises.
- Ensures the keeping of statistics and provides them as needed.
- Ensures compliance with the highest standards of service delivery.
- Plans programming to meet future needs.
- Participates in hiring, orientation, supervision and evaluation.
- Represents JFS in the broader Community.
- Takes on other additional duties as requested by the Director of Counselling and Mental Health.
Jewish Family Services of Ottawa supports equal opportunity employment. We are committed to a selection process and work environment that is inclusive and barrier free. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code. Applicants need to make any accommodation requests for the interview or selection process known in advance by contacting Jewish Family Services.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Quote Job Reference: 6137222225