Application Engineer Broadcom Switching Products
High Tech Genesis
Ottawa , ON
As the Application Engineer you are creating the next generation of 5G network infrastructure products and services. The position includes developing and supporting Network Layer 2 and Layer 3 routing and switching based leading-edge real-time applications for service provider, data center, and 5G markets. As well as providing application engineering support – including software and system integration - to companies developing embedded C/C++ real-time software for networking products using Broadcom switching fabric ASICs.
- Review customer’s new design based on Broadcom switching devices
- Solve customer’s tickets related to packet processing and traffic management
- Collaborate with Broadcom R&D team (architect, SME, developers) in reproducing the problems in the lab and identifying the solution
- Interact directly with the customer in troubleshooting the problems and validating the solution
- Contribute to enhancements and development projects
- Contribute to the knowledge database with case studies
- 5+ years experience in the networking industry
- Very good understanding of the L2/L3 switching and routing protocols.
- Knowledge in data path and packet forwarding architecture (Broadcom or other)
- Hands-on experience with the StrataDNX and/or StrataXGS series of Broadcom switches
- Experience in troubleshooting applications based on Broadcom or similar SDKs.
- Hands-on experience working with any Network processor
- Familiar with control plane protocols and data structures
- Proficient with C programming or Linux environment
- Able to interact with customers and discuss their requirements and needs
- BSc or higher degree in CE/EE/CS or equivalent
Note 1: You MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada (i.e., possess Canadian Citizenship, Permanent Residency or Valid Work Permit).
Note 2: High Tech Genesis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note 3: In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), HTG will provide accommodation accessible formats and communication supports for the interview process upon request.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
You MUST be legally entitled to work in the United States.