Senior Software Engineer
Toronto and Remote , ON
At Databricks, we are passionate about enabling data teams to solve the world's toughest problems — from making the next mode of
transportation a reality to accelerating the development of medical breakthroughs. We do this by building and running the world's best data
and AI infrastructure platform so our customers can use deep data insights to improve their business. Founded by engineers — and customer
obsessed — we leap at every opportunity to solve technical challenges, from designing next-gen UI/UX for interfacing with data to scaling our
services and infrastructure across millions of virtual machines. And we're only getting started.
As a software engineer on the Infrastructure teams, you will build scalable systems to power the Databricks platform, making it the de-facto
platform for running Big Data and AI workloads. You will build and extend the Databricks infrastructure platform, which includes multi-cloud
systems and services for managing thousands of Kubernetes clusters at scale, storing petabytes of data, highly scalable and distributed API
gateways, rate limiting framework, network security and encryption, developer tools and infrastructure (we use Bazel), testing frameworks, and
scalable CI/CD framework among many others.
The impact you will have:
- Build and extend components of the core Databricks infrastructure
- Architect multi-cloud systems and abstractions to allow the Databricks product to run on top of existing Cloud providers
- Improve software development workflows for engineering and operational efficiency.
- Use our own data and AI platform (yes!) to analyze build and test logs and metrics to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop automated build, test, and release infrastructures.
- Set and uphold the standard for engineering processes to support high-quality engineering, including style and code checking, test harnesses,
- and release packaging.
What we look for:
- BS (or higher) in Computer Science, or a related field
- Passion for building highly scalable and reliable infrastructure
- Experience architecting, developing and deploying large-scale distributed systems at scale
- Experience with cloud APIs (e.g., a public cloud such as AWS, Azure, GCP or an advanced private cloud such as Google, Facebook)
- Experience with cloud technologies, e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, or Terraform.
- Comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) Plan
- Equity awards
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental leave
- Family Planning
- Gym reimbursement
- Annual personal development fund
- Work headphones reimbursement
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Business travel accident insurance
Work Hours: Monday-Friday, 40 hours per week.
Work Location: 150 King Street W.; Suite 306-03; Toronto, ON M5H 3T9 or remote from elsewhere within Canada.