Settlement and Integration Intern
The Refugee Centre
Montreal , QC
Start-End Date : January- April
Location : Partially Remote
Salary : 16$/hour, 10-15 hours/week
As part of our mandate to reach and help as many newcomers as possible we require assistance with our one-on-one orientation and academic aid sessions. As an intern, you will work as part of a team to ensure that all beneficiaries receive the help they need pertaining to orientation or academic integration. Orientation one-on-one sessions help to create a specific guide and establish the priorities and plan for the beneficiaries. These can include: help with attaining a health card, driver’s licence, SIN number, setting up a bank account, etc. Academic one-on-one sessions help beneficiaries navigate the educational system as well as the academic bursary programs.
- Hold one-on-one meetings with beneficiaries in person, over the phone or online.
- Offer support to other organizations with questions pertaining to orientation/integration and academic aid in Montreal.
- Attend weekly team meetings.
- Facilitate Workshops
- Create and research pre-existing data. Qualities/ Experience
- Must be a student
- Strong written and spoken communication skills required in both English & French
- Spanish, Farsi or third language considered a strong asset
- Organized, detail-oriented and takes initiative
- Motivated, excited to learn, ability to work autonomously in a dynamic team
- Experience working with marginalized communities is considered an asset.
- Use resource skills to find pre existing resources in the community