Abatement / Asbestos Technician
Hamilton , ON
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady located at Hamilton, Ontario, L8N 1B7 is currently hiring a Abatement / Asbestos Technician
We are currently accepting applications for Experienced Abatement Technicians!
Shift Timing - 1st Shift (Day) and 2nd Shift (Evening)
- Setup and demobilization of dust and/or hazardous containment structures
- Removal of hazardous building components such as asbestos, lead and/or mold
- Cleaning and decontamination of materials and equipment
- General waste demolition and disposal following safe-practices
- Following health and safety requirements, safe work procedures and safe work practices
- Additional work includes interior demolition.
- Must have a strong work ethic, positive attitude and work well in a team environment
- Must have Working at Heights
- Valid drivers license and own transportation
- First Aid an asset
- 253 W (Type 3) license required
- Experience using power tools for building containment units, vacuum extraction units, negative air generators
- Experience using such as floor scrapers, poly knives
Our national teams provide expertise in flexible, industry-specific solutions for construction, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics, marine, transportation, warehousing and distribution, waste and recycling, and many other industries.
With a network of over 600 branches across all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, we are experts at matching workers to the jobs in-demand, delivering exactly the workforce needed, with the right skills. Our branch system means we know exactly what worker needs and availability are at a local level.
Quote Job Reference: PR/1262155