Sewing Machine Mechanic
Hamilton , ON
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady located at Hamilton, Ontario, L8N 1B7 is currently hiring a Sewing Machine Mechanic
Our customer is currently looking for a General Mechanic to join their Maintenance Department in Hamilton. This is a full-time, permanent position for someone who has experience working with sewing machines, heating and cooling, and the ability to assist with other general repairs.
Pay Rate for this Job is $30/Hour - $35/Hour
Shift Timings - 1st Shift (Day)
- Provide maintenance to machinery, equipment, and the facility to ensure uninterrupted production
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical, mechanical, and machinery and other equipment as required
- Perform preventative maintenance on industrial machinery and equipment on a continuous basis
- Operate hand tools and other equipment in order to repair and modify machinery
- Order machine parts and tools by completing Purchase Orders
- Assist the Sewing Machine Mechanic as required for sewing machine maintenance
- Provide general building and plant maintenance and repairs, such as lighting, appliances, flooring, washrooms, etc.
- Establish schedule and provide preventative maintenance for all building and plant safety tests (i.e. fire extinguishers, sprinklers systems)
- Ensure the A/C and heating systems continue to operate at full capacity and without safety concerns
- Recommend and implement more efficient manufacturing processes and solutions, including equipment, for continuous improvement
- Ensure housekeeping is orderly and maintained
- Follow all company policies, procedures and safety rules and regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Technical College Education and/or at least 1 year of previous Mechanical/Technical Experience
- Ability to:
- Read and interpret operating and maintenance instructions, procedural manuals, and Standards (i.e. CSA, OHSA)
- Use hand tools and other equipment in a safe and effective manner
- Troubleshoot and problem solve relating to equipment, machinery and the facility
- Work independently and to carry out written and verbal instructions
- Work in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to:
- Lift up to 25 pounds, with occasional lifting exceeding 90 pounds
- Climb ladders and be free from heights
Our national teams provide expertise in flexible, industry-specific solutions for construction, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics, marine, transportation, warehousing and distribution, waste and recycling, and many other industries.
With a network of over 600 branches across all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, we are experts at matching workers to the jobs in-demand, delivering exactly the workforce needed, with the right skills. Our branch system means we know exactly what worker needs and availability are at a local level.
Quote Job Reference: PR/1262097