Victoria , BC
Are you a Llama with the Stamina to keep up with our busy team? We’re looking for a Project Manager to join the Zoo.
From our headquarters overlooking Victoria’s beautiful inner harbour to our remote team-members across BC, the LlamaZOO crew develops bleeding-edge technology straight out of science fiction. We’re disrupting and improving how traditional industries do business with software products that combine big data, spatial business intelligence, enterprise systems, AR/VR, and a bit of magic.? Our software supports a variety of use-cases including sustainable natural resources development, indigenous land stewardship, wild-fire mitigation planning, and carbon sequestration and wild life habitat management – where our clients and partners wield our visually rich, interactive solutions to unlock the power of their data.
We are looking for a motivated Project Manager to help us with our management efforts.? The successful candidate will be a self starter with a “can do” attitude, passionate with an eagerness to learn.? If you are a Llama with the stamina to keep up with our busy team, send us your resume and cover letter and join the Zoo!
Your herd of Llamas are curious, driven by challenge, and always raise the bar.? We enjoy our island lifestyle and group activities while shipping quality innovative products on time.? So, if you have a passion for nerding out with new technologies – join us in becoming global leaders in Spatial Business Intelligence!
What you will be doing:
- Manage several large and small projects simultaneously and balance competing priorities, with proven project management skills and knowledge in both Waterfall and Agile.
- Manage project plans and schedules, driving the team to completion within scope, time, and quality.
- Manage sprint planning, task assignments, scope verification through sprint and task completion.
- Aid and support the team in making solid plans and sensible commitments through story creation, selection, and task definition.
- Lead the team in following project management processes, standards, and best practices
- Organize and lead scrum-based meetings, visually communicate Waterfall based schedules
- Work across departments and stakeholders by giving updates, communicating risks, verifying tasks and scope, and more.
- Have a keen eye for process improvements and an open mind for self-analysis. Be part of positive change.
- Manage JIRA: from project and board set up, to task creation and verification, analysis and more.
*Duties and responsibilities outlined above are representative, but not all inclusive.
Required skills and experience:
- 1+ years experience in project management, in software related field.
- Experience in Agile development with an understanding of Waterfall.
- Extensive JIRA knowledge.
- Proven team player with ability to positively motivate and influence team members.
- Excellent people management skills and experience leading teams.
Beneficial skills and experience:
- SCRUM master or other designation.
- Understanding of digital twinning, IIOT, data visualization software.