Office Administrative Assistant
Ace City Inc.
Mississauga , ON
April 30, 2022
Ace City Inc. is a recognized player in transportation and distribution across North America. Our services offerings provide flexibility and consistent performance for clients’ truckload and less-than-truckload shipping needs. Owning and managing assets across North America means better control of client’s valuable freight shipment as they move to their final delivery point. We specialize in dry van solutions.
We have all the tools, but it still takes people to make it happen and getting the job done right for our clients. We believe in ‘team effort’ at the Ace City.
We are looking to hire a dedicated and committed Administrative Assistant for our Mississauga location.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant (1241)
Business Type: Transportation and Freight
Job Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Position type: Full time, Permanent
Number of positions: 1
Compensation: $24.50 per hour/35 hours/week
Minimum qualifications for this position must meet the following criteria:
- Must have completed grade 12, completion of post-secondary program is an asset
- Knowledge of logistics software or transport management systems
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills with the ability to ask probing questions and understand and resolve customer concerns
- Ability to learn new technologies and adapt quickly to changes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- 1 year (preferably in logistics environment)
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and manage pressure with time constraints.
- Ability to multi-task . Willingness to learn and take initiative.
- Can-Do attitude with team work approach
- Solid interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), organizational, and time management skills
- Support manager and employees through a variety of tasks related to organization and communication.
- Carry out administrative activities associated with freight orders and shipments
- Administer processing of shipments and logistics files
- Prepare, tally, verify, and submit office expense payments such as utilities, office supplies, business expenses, credit cards, etc.
- Perform light bookkeeping duties such as sending invoices, Keeping track of incoming payments, employee work hours, timesheets, logbooks, repair invoices, etc.
- Maintain equipment’s registration, insurance, and maintenance records
- Maintain the effective operation and upkeep of the office equipment, including photocopier, fax machine, printers, computers, and telephones.
- Calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques
- Prepare, edit, and proofread correspondence, invoices, presentations, brochures, publications, and related material for the company
- Communicate effectively by answering emails, phone calls, emails, inquiries, etc.
- Schedule and confirm appointments and meetings of employer
- Order office supplies and maintains inventory