Parry Sound , ON
Employer: Connor Industries (799200 Ontario Inc.)
Number of openings: 4
Full-time 35-44 hours per week
Stanley Boats specializes in aluminum and steel commercial vessels, providing agencies such as
governments, states, provinces, and municipalities with superior marine response vessels.
With a strong reputation and innovative approach to integrated design and construction, Stanley Boats is
the first choice for new and repeat customers.
Our in-house team design consists of forward-thinking designers and engineering professionals.
Stanley engineers comprehend and create new designs, improve existing ones and do some necessary research and development, though they are not the only R&D group within the company. The team scrutinizes new materials and production processes, continually refine and improve Stanley Boats and manufacturing techniques. Our team is equipped with cutting-edge software to perform analysis to confirm the adequacy of structure and stability of the boat during the design phase. The design team will examine each new design to verify its compliance with the required standards and regulations.
Currently, we are looking to expand our manufacturing and production by inviting young and experienced professionals to apply for new opportunities.
The Welder position is a key role, and the successful candidate will be a forthcoming self-starter, detail orientated, and a motivated team player.
Must be specialized in the following areas:
- Read and understand instructions from work orders and welding blueprints, interpret welding symbols to complete job assignments.
- Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications, examine the structure and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Layout, position, align and fit components into welding fixtures as instructed. Detected faulty operation of equipment and defective materials and promptly resolved issues. Maintained correct length of arc and speed of movement to form specified depth of fusion and bead.
- Repair manufactured products by dismantling, straitening, reshaping, and reassembling parts.
- Set-up gas-shield, MIG/TIG(GTAW)-weld, and weld parts to job specifications.
- Use hand tools, clamps, and grinders to perform job tasks.
- Complete basic maintenance on welding equipment . Adhere to all safety, health, and environmental procedures, policies, and practices, ability to lift to 23kg.
- Any other duties that fall within the employee’s capabilities.
- Contribute ideas to increase\improve safety, quality, and productivity.
Qualifications/Skills Requirements/work Experience:
- 1-2 years of experience working as a Welder, basic English.
- Medical benefits will be provided.
Quote Job Reference: CNJBS