Senior Financial Analyst
Scarborough , ON
About the Company
For over 35 years, Array has been a leader in the retail display and in-store merchandising services industry; we work with top brands like Estée Lauder, Sephora, Ulta Beauty, and L’Oréal, to name just a few. We bring brands to life by creating great retail experiences.
We are leveraging our deep industry knowledge and design innovation, we continue to accelerate our position as an industry leader, grow globally, and pivot to better serve our customers.
With over 1,800 employees (globally), our teams are composed of critical thinkers who are data-driven, innovators and builders with a strong work ethic, and customer-focused visionaries. Joining us now is a chance to make a mark on our business and your career.
Who we need
Reporting to our Director, Financial Planning & Analytics, we are seeking a Senior Financial Analyst who wants to play a critical role in the success of our business. You will work closely with the executive leadership and collaborate across FP&A, HR, Operations, and Commercial teams, develop forecasting, build models, identify areas for improvement - and provide solutions. You will directly contribute to company-wide financial planning and analysis activities.
Who you are
You are a Financial Analyst with an understanding of business operations and financial forecasting; someone who can build financial models, analyze data, and make cost-savings recommendations based on insights. You are a strategic thinker and a self-starter, looking for an opportunity to join a fast-paced Canadian company, grow executive business relationships, and make a measurable impact on the organization’s financial success. You are flexible and can rapidly adapt to changing priorities.
What’s in it for you
Ownership, impact, and career development. This is a chance to autonomously conduct analysis, make recommendations to optimize financial planning; and collaborate across multiple departments. This is an opportunity to join an organization that promotes from within, supporting the professional development of their people. From increasing your impact through executive leadership interactions to gaining hands-on exposure to a new financial system implementation, you will have a rewarding career here. Further growth opportunities include the chance to move up to a Manager role or across into other teams from Continuous Improvement to Operations.
As our Senior Financial Analyst, you will:
- Provide senior leadership with insights. You will analyze variances in the monthly financial closing and reporting on changes in key business performance metrics vs. expectations. You will deliver insights and recommendations to our executive leadership team for strategic and operational planning decisions.
- Manage financial reports. You will manage the preparation of all financial reports and critical KPIs across the business, including producing financial reports for internal and external stakeholders, including the Board of Directors, investors, and lenders.
- Support FP&A. You will help establish short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and standard operating procedures. You will complete or assist with financial planning and tracking of operating expenses, headcount reporting, monthly close support, quarterly forecasting, annual budgeting, and variance analyses. You will deliver a business partner financial package that Corporate FP&A can leverage for consolidations, as well as monthly and quarterly updates.
- Lead reviews. You will spearhead business reviews to analyze results and key information, conduct sensitivity and risk analysis, and develop recommendations.
What you bring
- The education and experience. You have a degree in Finance or Accounting and 2-4 years of progressive FP&A responsibilities. You have expertise in building financial models, analyzing data, and generating insights based on current and forecasted business operations. You have outstanding decision-making and project management skills.
- The ambition. You are curious by nature and a continuous learner. Self-motivated to increase your knowledge, you ask the right questions and immerse yourself in your work, applying what you learn.
- The technical skills. You are highly proficient with Excel and PowerPoint. Ideally, you have been part of a financial system implementation.
- The drive. You continuously seek opportunities to improve or optimize procedures and drive effective, scalable solutions.
- The interpersonal skills. You have exceptional written and verbal skills, including translating ideas into clear, high-impact communications. You are highly collaborative and excel at partnering cross-functionally with all levels of management.
- Agility and Creativity
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment
Array is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran’s status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: