Manager, Health Services
Saskatchewan Health Authority
Loon Lake , SK
November 19, 2021
The Health Services Manager is accountable for the overall provision of a high standard of health care services to the communities served by the facility or facilities and its programs. They contribute to the operational direction of Primary Health Care, Continuing Care and/or Acute Care within the SHA by participating in program planning, implementation and the management, delivery, evaluation and improvement of the site(s) programs and services.
Span of Control: Health Services Managers have a wide span of control and a wide breadth of functions which include urban/rural/northern components of health care. Some examples of current services may include, but are not limited to: primary health care, continuing care and acute care services. This position has accountability to provide clinical leadership in a matrix relationship with other network leaders through oversight of a large range of disciplines. Managers will be expected to participate actively in key committee's as determined by SHA leadership.
Challenges: Maintenance of effective, ongoing communication to ensure that client, community, staff and program needs are identified and addressed consistently. Collaboration and communication in a matrix style of management including leading, supporting and engaging in crucial/critical conversations. Providing effective services within available resources and competing priorities. Managing multiple priorities in a developing role in a constantly changing environment as new sites/services are developed and population needs change.
- Licensed and in good standing with professional association and/or regulatory body, if applicable
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in health, social sciences or administration, along with professional leadership training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Valid Class 5 Driver's license
- Experience, at an operational level, as a leader who has developed and led innovative planning and programs in a complex, multi-stakeholder environment
5+ year of experience in a health care organization with extensive knowledge of community health services
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Demonstrates and is recognized for strategic and operational leadership that includes articulation of mission, vision and strategy and charts a path forward
- Demonstrates commitment to a diverse, culturally competent and culturally safe health system and representative workforce
- Exemplifies ethical practices, professionalism and personal integrity
- Has a proven ability to collaborate and partner with a wide variety of stakeholders, including community, to balance the needs and interests of these diverse groups while maintaining alignment with strategic priorities
- Has demonstrated ability to coach and develop others
- Has demonstrated strong critical thinking, financial and analytical skills
- Has demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is committed to delivering on Patient and Family Centered Care
- Is committed to quality, safety and continuous improvement striving towards zero harm
- Knowledge of First Nations and Metis History in Saskatchewan along with an understanding of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission Calls to Action
- Knowledge of legislation and applicable laws
- Knowledge of the healthcare system in Saskatchewan
- Mobilizes people, inspires and leads by example
- Promotes innovation, guides change and is committed to continuous improvement
- External applicants applying to the Saskatchewan Health Authority are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of Vaccination will be required prior to offer of employment.
- Travel within the province of Saskatchewan is required
- Where necessary, on-call responsibilities may be required in this position
Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Out-of-Scope Management Compensation Plan.
Expected Start Date: November 22, 2021
Shift Information: 22.50 hours per 1 week rotation, 3 shifts of 7.50 hours
The successful candidate is responsible to obtain and provide an original Criminal Record Check (CRC) & Vulnerable Sector Check (VSC) from their local police service, RCMP or previous country/countries of residence that is dated within the past six (6) months that is satisfactory to the Saskatchewan Health Authority.
External applicants applying to the Saskatchewan Health Authority are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of Vaccination will be required prior to offer of employment.
Quote Job Reference: GO-00649807-1