Senior Architectural Designer
Fine Lines Design
Etobicoke , ON
November 30, 2021
As a small residential firm, finding the right fit is important. Our company not only thrives on providing unique, and innovative designs but a great customer and employee experience. Our open office concept allows for the fostering and promotion of creativity, communication, and collaboration.
Fine Lines Design is currently seeking a talented and creative Senior Architectural Designer to join our team. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, demonstrate a high degree of creative thinking, effectively communicate design ideas both verbally and vividly and be a great team player.
As the Senior Architectural Designer, you will work as part of a team, alongside the Lead Designer and the Owner at Fine Lines Design. Providing architectural support in the planning, design, coordination, detailing, permit coordination, and submission. As a successful candidate, you must be able to work on multiple projects and be able to adapt to any or all phases of a project, at any given time.
- Work with the Lead Designer, other Architectural Designers & Administrator to coordinate and review detailed drawings for building permit application/submission
- Review architectural drawings to ensure that all documentation complies with company standards, Ontario Building Code, and Municipal by-laws
- Take lead and assist with the examination and review of all incoming comments from the various departments and Cities and advise of critical issues that can hold up permit approvals
- Research information (zoning, building code, architectural materials, etc.) as it relates to the project
- Design concepts and presentations
- Prepare and create architectural drawings using REVIT from concept through to working drawings
- Preparing and/or coordinating drawings primarily utilizing Revit in accordance with client specifications, budget, applicable building codes, and project timelines with the support and guidance of the Lead Designer
- Managing all aspects of assigned projects from start to finish
- Perform all other related tasks that will help accomplish the project when assigned
- Communicate and Coordinate with clients, contractors, designers, engineers and other consultants, relevant building authorities, etc. to meet overall project objectives
- A Degree or Diploma from an accredited institution in Architecture
- At least 4 years of experience preparing design concepts, plans, and construction documents in a Canadian architectural office
- At least 3 years of relevant residential Canadian experience reading, interpreting, and applying building codes and municipal by-laws to designs
- Undertake and understand the permitting process in various municipalities
- Understand building technology and assembly of wood frame construction
- Experience collaborating with clients, teams, City officials, consultants, and contractors
- Required ability to understand and interpret the restrictions of the regulatory authorities for varying municipalities
- Advanced proficiency with Revit
- Working proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Lumion
- Working proficiency of Microsoft Office and Google Suite
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, multitasked team environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects, simultaneously
What do we offer you?
- Flexible work environment
- Long term career development
- Bonus Pay
- Paid vacation
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: