Walker's Gas and Electric
Halifax , NS
December 2, 2021
Heritage Service Group
Division Atlantic Walker's Equipment Services
We are Canada's leading service provider for commercial kitchen equipment; using OEM parts to provide fast and reliable service across North America. Our mission is to provide the highest quality customer care in the food service industry, working hard to build lasting relationships and deliver the solutions our customers count on.
Our Atlantic Walker's Equipment Service Division is Atlantic Canada's largest factory authorized Parts and Service Centre for the Food Service Industry, with over 55 years of experience eliminating equipment downtime and prioritizing urgent service. Our commitment is to provide our customers with the best service for their equipment by factory trained and professional Licensed Technicians and we are looking to grow our team!
In the role of Dispatcher, the primary responsibility involves providing exceptional service to our customers by maintaining positive relationships (over the phone and email) and managing the schedules of our Technician team (organizing and prioritizing the workload). The Dispatcher must thrive in an extremely fast-paced work environment with high deliverables, and develop excellent working relationships with our valued customers and the Technician team.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage all inbound/outbound phone calls and emails to customers and Technicians in a courteous, customer-orientated manner
- Manage Technician communication through inbound/outbound phone calls, email, and text message
- Create customer orders through the computer system, ensuring accuracy
- Act as the primary contact for conflict resolution by demonstrating strong listening and negotiation skills, while speaking with dissatisfied customers or Technicians to reduce escalation and increase customer satisfaction
- Be proactive in scheduling and coordinating completion of service orders
- Maintain strong working relationships with the Service Technicians and the Service Department
- Dispatch technicians to scheduled jobs with attention to efficiency and customer satisfaction
- Ensure balanced workload for technicians and progression of service orders to completion, to meet monthly service budget targets
- 2 to 3 years of dispatching or customer service experience
- Minimum high school education or equivalent
- Intermediate computer skills: Microsoft office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), email applications (Outlook) and ability to learn new computer systems
- Strong data entry skills, basic math and proofreading abilities
- Ability to work in a high pressure, fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently, take initiative, make decisions independently, while thriving in a team-based environment
- Customer service approach to work with strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong time management, organization and multitasking abilities
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Knowledge of industrial kitchen equipment would be considered an asset
Why Work for Heritage Service Group?
We care beyond service!
We offer our Employees:
- Industry-Leading Compensation
- Comprehensive Group Benefits and Pension Program
- Extended health, dental, LTD (following probation), and RRSP contribution matching
- Training and Development Opportunities
- Work-Life Balance
- Excellent Workplace Culture
- Industry leaders in Canada
- You will be part of a growing, stable organization, who is the industry leader in Canada!
Quote Job Reference: 187485