Compass Group Canada
Maple Ridge , BC
- Status: Part-Time
- Compensation: $35.67/hr
- Location: Holyrood Manor, 22710 Holyrood Ave, Maple Ridge, BC
- Must be registered with the CDBC
Assists the Manager to ensure effective overall functioning of the Food and Nutrition Services Department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Approve the menu, assist in development of recipes, and implement food production controls.
- Complete nutritional assessments and nutritional care plans for all residents. Identify residents at nutritional risk and prioritize accordingly.
- Plan and monitor therapeutic diets, dietary restrictions and supplemental feedings to meet the specialized needs of residents. Maintain summary of visits and nutritional assessments/reviews.
- Should the physician require a therapeutic diet that is not on the current list of approved diets for the facility, and therefore for which corporate menus are not prepared, write cycle menus that meet the specifications of the diet ordered as well as the accepted menu procedures of the Department of Food and Nutrition Services.
- Monitor resident satisfaction with Food and Nutrition Services and respond to needs that may arise.
- Assist the Food Service Manager to ensure compliance with all legislation such pertinent to the management of the kitchen.
- Assist with development and ongoing implementation and maintenance of efficient, effective systems in Food and Nutrition Services.
- Complete required audits as outlined in the “Summary of Required Nutrition and Food Service Audit”.
- Act as advisor to the Food Service Manager.
Think you have what it takes to be one of our Registered Dieticians? We’re committed to hiring the best talent for the role. Here’s how we’ll know you’ll be successful in the role:
- Current professional registration with the College of Dietitians.
- Sound knowledge of geriatric nutrition care in the long-term care setting.
- A thorough knowledge of government legislation in the areas of long term care.
- A thorough knowledge of food service methods, materials and equipment used in quantity food preparation and serving.
- A sound knowledge of Food Service sanitary and safety standards.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise staff effectively.
- A general knowledge of government legislation in labour, health and safety, employment and human rights.
- An ability to work within budget guidelines.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
Important note: A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Proof of immunizations and Tuberculosis Screening Test results may be required.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to:
Quote Job Reference: 917495