Etobicoke , ON
March 23, 2022
- Ensure that quality, quantity, customer satisfaction, and financial commitments are met.
- Perform metrics reporting and data analysis tasks to identify issues and opportunities for process improvements.
- Partner and communicate with manufacturers, suppliers, and customers.
- Manage and develop logistics staff.
- Create and manage budgets.
- Monitor company's or department's performance, prepare reports for senior management, and plan for changes to schedules and policies.
- Set performance goals, oversee the setting of transportation service rates and monitor revenue.
- Plan and monitor inbound and outgoing deliveries.
- Supervise logistics, warehouse, transportation, and customer services.
- Organize warehouse, label goods, plot routes, and process shipments.
- Respond to any issues or complaints.
- Develop plans and procedures for the transportation and storage of goods.
- Research ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers.
- Work with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
- Update and evaluate metrics to assess performance and implement enhancements.
- Oversee dispatch of vehicles, vessels or aircraft.
- Control the company or departmental budget, including acquisitions.
- Negotiate with carriers, warehouse operators and insurance company representatives for services and preferential rates.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 5 years or more experience in related field
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Firm grasp of supply chain, inventory, distribution, business, and management principles
- Strong team player
- Ability to manage, coach, and provide training for direct reports
Salary & hours
$41.00 hourly for 35 hours per week
Where; Etobicoke, ON, M9W 4V8