Toronto , ON
November 30, 2021
Unboxed Market is a one-stop shop for all plastic-free and reduced-packaging purchases. As a store focused on always working towards zero waste, we work with producers and distributors to eliminate unnecessary packaging along the distribution chain. We are a full-service grocery store, offering produce and dry goods, as well as meat, cheese and dairy, deli products, home and personal care products, and more. We create prepared meals, and also run a grab-and-go café. We are presently hiring for management, produce and floor staff positions. We offer competitive wages, staff discounts, and health/dental benefits (full time employees after 6 months).
About the Position:
We are hiring for a part-time floor position, and looking for a passionate individual to join our team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Receiving and packing online orders for customer pickup
- Weighing containers and serving items from our deli counters
- Receiving and checking deliveries, ensuring that products are fully stocked and cleaning stations throughout store
- Monitoring product quality and freshness, following FIFO standards
- Completing temperature & sanitation logs
- Post-shift cleaning & tear-down
- Assisting customers in all areas of the store as needed, including answering questions about the store and products, and how to incorporate them into a lower-waste/zero-waste lifestyle
- Proper separation and disposal of waste products
- Positive, energetic attitude
- Ability to work independently, while sincerely engaging customers and welcoming them while they are in the store.
- Physical capability for full shifts on foot (walking & standing)
- ***Position requires repetitive actions including bending, lifting up to 50lb. This location has many stairs, and requires a lot of lifting to fill assorted items.
- Able to respond to rapid changes in pace, products
- Detail oriented
- Knowledge about cheese, cured meats an asset
- Previous food retail experience an asset.
Part-time, Hourly and Flexible schedule required, including weekends.