Accounts Receivable Administrator
Bailey Metal Products
Concord , ON
December 30, 2021
Division: Bailey Metal Products Limited – Concord
Reports to: Accounts Receivable and Credit Supervisor
Job Purpose Summary
The Accounts Receivable Administrator performs and manages the activities in the A/R department and is directly responsible for performing data entry and related duties in posting accounts receivable payments both at a corporate and branch level. This includes maintaining ledgers, credit balances, and resolving account irregularities.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Communicate with internal/external sales representatives and accounting staff as necessary to complete job duties.
- Receive and fill out receipts for third party payments, whether by cash, cheques, credit, and other forms of payment.
- Post and reconcile customer payments to A/R ledger both at corporate and branch level.
- Balance daily A/R batches.
- Assist with releasing orders and statements.
- Conduct collection calls to the appropriate customers.
- Collaborate with Rebate Administrator on reconciliation of rebates accruals and deductions.
- Review all credit balances, refunds, and adjustments, and apply adjustments and/or corrections to corporate billing records.
- Responsible for receiving post-dated cheques and issuing credits for certain customers.
- Administering direct deposits – emailing wire payment allocations to all Bailey divisions.
- Coordinate the processing of credit notes due to rebates, errors or returns.
- Ensure the strict confidentiality and privacy of financial records as they relate to the organization and its customers.
- Prepare cash.
- Review and track Buying Group deductions online for specific customers.
- Process credit card receipts for all Bailey divisions.
- Investigate collection problems and report to AR and Credit Supervisor.
- Prepare cash deposits for received cheques and pick-up cheques when required.
- Investigate and resolve billing discrepancies or misapplied cash transactions.
- Help maintain orderly filing procedures.
- Assist with all divisions.
- Administering customer requests.
- Assist with Reception and Invoicing when required.
- Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Understands and adheres to the company’s health and safety policies, programs and procedures by communicating and promoting health and safety awareness to all employees.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the AR and Credit Supervisor.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable
- Experience in multi division operations
- Experience with customer rebates
- Experience with SAP will be an asset
- Excel knowledge
- Overtime as required.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: