Long Haul Truck Driver
Design Transport Ltd.
Langley , BC
February 19, 2022
Business Information: Design Transport is a licensed and bonded freight shipping and trucking company running freight hauling business, we provide Power Units to haul ground trailers from Delta, BC to Winnipeg, Manitoba
Business address: 2nd Floor, 8661 201 St., Langley BC V2Y 0G9
Work address: Driver will travel in a dedicated route from Delta, BC to Winnipeg, MB
Type of Employment: Full time – Permanent
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Oversee condition of vehicle and inspect tires, lights, brakes, cold storages and other equipment
- Receive and relay information to central dispatch
- Drive as part of a two-person team
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Record cargo information, hours of service, distance travelled and fuel consumption
- Perform pre-trip, en route and post-trip inspection and oversee all aspects of vehicle
- Perform preventive maintenance
- Education: Completion of high school is required
- Experience: Experience is an asset, training will be provided
- One year of experience as a class 1/A driver is a strong asset
- Work conditions and physical capabilities: Sitting for extended periods
- Personal suitability: Flexibility, Organized, Reliability, Team player
- The candidate must be willing to travel for extended periods and to travel overnight
- Valid driver’s license (Class 1 or A) is required
Salary: $31.20 hourly, 45 - 60 Hours per week.
Important Information: Flexibility in schedule is required. All trips are team round trips. The route is from Delta, BC to Winnipeg, MB. Each roundtrip is scheduled for 27 hours (13.5 hours per driver).
Week 1 – depart from Delta, BC. Tuesday and Friday at 1:00am
Week 2 – depart from Delta, BC. Wednesday and Saturday at 1:00am
Week 3 – depart from Delta, BC. Thursday at 1:00am
Rotation starts from Week 1. 30-minute lunch and two 15-minute break in addition to regular scheduled fuel stops per shift.