Saskatoon , SK
Hello, it’s a new day, and it’s time to answer the call to elevate your career and make life accessible for all.
Protective measures for COVID-19
At Motion, the safety of our employees and our clients is paramount. As such, we're taking several steps to reduce the risk of exposure to COVID-19. These include:
- Ensuring safe physical distancing at all locations and warehouses.
- Providing all technicians with full personal protective equipment, including face shields, gowns, masks, and gloves.
- Screening all clients and employees for COVID-19 symptoms ahead of home visits or onsite entry to prevent contact with those who may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Implemented a Vaccination Policy for all employees.
- Disinfecting all locations and warehouses regularly and thoroughly.
- Continuous monitoring of the on-going situation and updating policies as needed.
Our purpose is to make life accessible
Our compassion and knowledge set us apart. With kindness and expertise, we support individuals by delivering the right mobility, accessibility, personal care, and daily living solutions. We believe that providing people with comprehensive solutions empowers and fulfills us all.
Our role is to care
As we strive to expand our reach and clients we care for, we are adding associates to our teams who embody kindness, collaboration, and respect. If you want to help our clients experience their most vibrant lives while growing your career in a nurturing, learning-focused and supportive environment, you will love being part of Motion.
Who we need
Right now, we need a Warehouse Associate: a strong communicator and a roll-up-your-sleeves team player also known as an inventory gatekeeper for our new team. We need someone who understands the impact accuracy and attention to detail can have on our P&L and overall business. We need a self-directed learner who is results-oriented and driven to complete their deliverables promptly; someone who is genuinely curious about our industry and willing to put in the time and research to learn more. We rely on our warehouse associates to take ownership and play an integral role in keeping our operations running smoothly, acting as the liaison between front-of-house, sales, and the warehouse.
What’s in it for you
This is a newly renovated location comprising of team members dedicated to providing clients with the collaborative team approach in providing our clients with the best customer service experience.
A Manager who has been there and done that; someone who has the expertise of operations and the insights into our industry. You will have access to the Regional Manager for conversations around day-to-day challenges and overall career growth. Motion is a place where we want you to take pride in being a team; we work together to create a place where you can feel welcomed and respected every day you come through our doors. We want to help you build your career; whether you want to grow into a Warehouse or Operations Manager, we will give you the tools and resources to get the most out of your time at Motion.
Joining us now is a chance to build your career at a company that makes an impact on people’s lives. We work a regular schedule so you can keep your work-life balance in check. Motion offers a competitive benefits package as well as an Employee Assistance Program to ensure that you get the most out of your time personally and professionally.
What you will do
- Sanitize Mobility Devices and Equipment. You will act as the gatekeeper for all our inventory and physical assets stored in the warehouse, ensuring proper cleaning, storage and packing as it enters or exits the store. You will break down, clean, sanitize and reassemble incoming equipment. You will tag, price, store and organize all mobility devices, parts, and tools within the warehouse. You may be asked to assist with building mobility devices such as wheelchairs, elevating equipment, and power scooters.
- Sales support. You will be responsible for pulling parts and equipment from shelves, cross-docking of orders from other locations, ensuring courier pick up, receiving goods from suppliers or vendors and ensuring the delivery was correct and undamaged. You will use Navision to track inventory movement. You will collaborate with internal and external teams to ensure sales orders are completed accurately and timely and that receiving of all inventory is meticulously coordinated.
- Roll up your sleeves. You will assist your team whenever needed. Whether that’s interacting with a customer or helping assemble equipment, you are ready, willing and able to jump into the next task that needs your attention.
- Technical Skills. You are a handy person who knows their way around a wrench. You have the ability to make minor adjustments to wheelchairs and can disassemble equipment with ease. You can participate in inventory counts and reconciliations.
What you bring
- Team player approach. You follow the expression, “there is no ‘I’ in team.” You know the importance of coming together for a single goal, to work cohesively and backup your teammates. Whether you played a sport in high school or lead a team off the field, you bring strong values of respect, responsiveness and an outstanding work ethic with you. You are driven to accomplish your deliverables, never wanting to let your team down.
- Education and Experience. You have a high school diploma and 1 year of relevant experience in an inventory handling and general warehouse role. You have an aptitude for hands-on, mechanical work. You can work in a fast-paced environment, juggling multiple projects simultaneously. You can work on your own with little supervision. You have preview experience working on inventory management software programs.
- Communication Skills. You can clearly and concisely communicate in person, over the phone or on paper. You can provide outstanding customer service to any visitors who may be entering the warehouse.
- Additional Must Have Requirements. You can lift up to fifty (50) pounds in order to move or repair equipment and devices. You have a clean criminal background check and are bondable. You are flexible and able to work evening and weekends if required
Why join? We are Motion
At Motion, we’ve undergone a recent transformation, and we think that’s exciting. With a strong reputation as experts in our field, we’re turning inwards to foster a culture of belonging, giving and strength. Joining us now is a chance to be part of that momentum; a chance to make an impact in creating the company environment you believe in.
Thank you for taking the time to consider joining us. If you want to be part of our team, express your interest here.
Motion is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations, if required, and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please contact us.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: