Toronto (Working Remotely) , ON
Personal Injury Firm
The Legal Assistant is responsible for a wide variety of legal and administrative duties within a small Personal Injury Firm downtown Toronto. This includes the preparation of legal documents and correspondence, responding to inquiries, and interacting with clients. Temporarily working remotely.
- Prepare legal documents based on written instruction and verbal direction.
- Responsible for arranging discoveries, drafting pleadings, file management, record compilation, and scheduling.
- Draft correspondence for attorneys, including docket entry and account preparation.
- Proofread and edit all documentation for grammar, spelling, and content accuracy.
- Interact with clients to obtain direction or instruction for attorneys.
- Assist with general practice office management, including filing, scheduling meetings and court dates, and travel arrangements.
- Perform case preparation, review case records, and update case progress.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Acceptable combination of education and experience.
- 5-10 years’ work experience in a Plaintiff Personal Injury Firm legal assistant capacity.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of a Personal Injury practise.
- Able to work independently and interact with clients.
- Must be familiar with online court filing systems and LAT.
- Must be familiar with Sync.com, Adobe, Microsoft and Mac.
- Fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine.
- Ability to read, interpret and apply legal documentation, laws or legislation.
- Superior time management skills, multitasking skills, and the ability to prioritize tasks with minimal supervision.
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: