St. Catharines , ON
Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking workers for your business, PeopleReady is the North American leader in the industrial and on-demand staffing space.
The PeopleReady located at St. Catharines, Ontario, L2R 2Z5 is currently hiring a Construction Worker
PeopleReady is a staffing company and we are recruiting for construction labourers. We offer temporary positions to work with our clients all across the Niagara Region in various positions.Pay rates will vary - all pay includes 4% vacation pay on each cheque.Are you looking for a full-time or part-time opportunity in construction? Are you the type of person who loves diversity in you work day? We are now hiring for Construction Associates with a real passion for working with their hands to positively chip in at construction jobsites.
Construction Associates can be found on almost all construction sites performing a wide range of tasks from very easy to hazardous. They are at building, highway, and heavy construction sites; residential and commercial sites; tunnel and shaft excavations; and demolition sites. Many of the jobs they perform are demanding and require specialized training and experience. Other jobs require little skill and can be learned quickly. Although most Associates specialize in a type of construction, such as highway or tunnel construction, some are generalists who perform many different tasks during all stages of construction. To perform their jobs effectively, Construction Associates should be familiar with the duties of other skilled trades professionals and with the materials, tools, and machinery they use, as all of these workers are part of a team, jointly carrying out assigned construction tasks. If this opportunity sounds like a good fit for you, click the apply link above!
Shift Timing - 1st Shift (Day), 2nd Shift (Evening)
- Cleaning and preparing a job site, loading and delivering materials,
- Using a variety of tools and machines such as levels, power drills, grinders, saws, pressure washers, and water spraying equipment.
- Labourers set up and take down ladders, scaffolding, and other temporary structures.
- They help carpenters, masons, and other specialized contractors.
- Construction / Restoration experience preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of customer service, principles and practices.
- Ability to work within a team or independently as needed.
- Ability to work both indoors and outdoors in a variety of seasonal weather conditions
- Frequent lifting of product ranging from 15-40 lbs (more weight with assistance)
- People working these job positions should expect to be routinely moving throughout their shifts
- Repetitive tasks
- Public transportation for jobs located in St. Catharines
- Transportation may be provided from the St. Catharines branch to jobsites located outside of St. Catharines will vary depending on job position
- Own transportation
Our national teams provide expertise in flexible, industry-specific solutions for construction, hospitality, manufacturing and logistics, marine, transportation, warehousing and distribution, waste and recycling, and many other industries.
With a network of over 600 branches across all 50 states, Canada, and Puerto Rico, we are experts at matching workers to the jobs in-demand, delivering exactly the workforce needed, with the right skills. Our branch system means we know exactly what worker needs and availability are at a local level.
Quote Job Reference: PR/1253933