Sales and Business Development Associate
Lion's Roar Foundation
Halifax , NS
October 29, 2021
We are looking for a full-time Sales and Business Development Associate
At Lion’s Roar, we’re mission-driven. We communicate Buddhist wisdom and practices in order to benefit people’s lives and our society, and we’re passionate about that work. We’re looking for an experienced, business-minded individual to extend our reach through the discovery and exploration of new and untapped business opportunities and relationships. The ideal candidate will be ready to dive in, take responsibility and direction, use initiative, and help build North America’s biggest English-language pipeline for Buddhist wisdom. At ease with sales and business operations, our new associate will join and support a team of career experts to achieve the Lion’s Roar vision.
What you’ll do:
- Manage existing business contacts and communications.
- Implement a proposal and agreement-management process, to give us greater clarity about our evolving requirements, rights, and responsibilities with business partners.
- Generate new advertising leads, and identify and make initial contact with decision-makers.
- Identify additional affiliate opportunities.
- Track and manage affiliate relationships and keep team members up-to-date on important developments.
- Oversee, promote, and continuously improve the online and print Buddhist Directory.
- Help us identify new areas of opportunity.
What you’ll bring to the role:
- Interest and curiosity informed by market trends and customer need and feedback.
- An interest in contributing to the continuous improvement of the materials that support our work: proposals, presentations, and vehicles.
- Strategic thinking as well as an eye for detail and aptitude for information and file management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business or management or B2B sales
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working experience with sales techniques
- Proven ability to plan and manage time and resources
- Strong sense of general comfort with software tools (we use many, and your comfort and ease in learning new tools will be an asset.)
- Experience with CRM software (e.g., Salesforce, Hubspot) an asset
This is a full-time position. It can be performed in-person, onsite, or remotely. We’re in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia, and with a 35-hour week, you’ll have time to explore your surroundings. Salary range: $40,000 to $43,000.