Cargo Office Agent
Menzies Aviation Canada
Richmond , BC
The cargo agent (office) will compile documents on import or export cargo shipments. Expedites shipment of cargo from warehouse and assist customers in tracking their shipments. Deals directly with customers either by telephone or in person.
Assists the Airline Account Supervisor in the day to day operation in the front office. Front facing with customers and telephone contact to be delivered in a courteous and professional manner.
- Greet customers as they enter the facility
- Assists customers at the front counter including pick-up and delivery requests.
- Work with daily transactions to ensure payment is received correctly
- Examine manifests, bills of lading and air waybills to determine work procedures for accepting or releasing cargo.
- Expedites shipment of cargo from Warehouse and assists customers in tracking their shipments.
- Notifies consignee or representative concerning arrival dates of shipment, customs clearance requirements and weight of shipment.
- Enter transactions for billing to consignee and airline customer prior to release of freight.
- Authorizes final approval for cargo release.
- Undertake acceptance procedures for export cargo shipments.
- Work with CBSA, Transport Canada and other governmental agencies to clear shipments.
- Recognizes dangerous goods upon receiving.
- Respond to customers or other parties in regards to shipments accordingly.
- Complete mandatory security and other training as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have high school diploma, GED or equivalent work experience
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English proficiently
- Capable of repeating repetitive tasks
- Must be flexible and available to work all shifts including weekends and holidays
- Must be able to obtain and hold all required security clearances and passing a Transport Canada background check.
- Valid driver’s license with no violations over the past 5 years
- Familiarity with or ability to learn how to work within an IT cargo system environment.
- Proficient in MS Office
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $16.25 per hour
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: