Menzies Aviation Canada
Richmond , BC
Receives, store, build-up, break-down and distribute air freight within operational guidelines. Position requires: heavy lifting, pushing, pulling, bending, stretching and frequent kneeling.
Main Accountabilities Include:
- Read air waybills, bills of lading, and freight manifests to determine the items to be moved, gathered or distributed.
- Convey freight from receiving areas to storage or to other warehouse areas using forklift or other designated handling equipment.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as consignee or destination.
- Sort and store dangerous goods in proper area.
- Complete requisitions, work orders, or request for materials, tools or other stock items and distribute items to other locations.
- Open bales, crates, and other containers for breakdown. Record counts of items received or distributed.
- Weighs and counts items for distribution within warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards and airway bill.
- Performs X-ray or other pre-flight security checks on manifested cargo as required.
- Ensure that work areas are clean and hazard free of loose nets, strap etc.
- Must practice all company’s Safety Policy inclusive of, but not limited to: wearing PPE, equipment operation, safe lifting procedures or obeying speed limits when driving company vehicles and equipment.
- Other related duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write in English proficiently.
- Valid provincial driver’s license with clean driving record over the past 5 years.
- Must be available and flexible to work variable shifts including weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift at least 30Kgs on a continuous basis.
- Must pass Transport Canada Background Check
- Prior Cargo experience and Forklift certification preferred
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Pay: $16.25 per hour
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: