Water Babies North York
North York , ON
- Be responsible for specific customers in set classes each week and to provide them with a high quality of swimming tuition and consistency in teaching in line with the Water Babies standards.
- Deliver lessons to brand standard including following set lesson plans or planning to meet the needs of the children in the classes and course outcomes.
- Communicate clearly with customers in a professional and friendly manner adapting style and tone to suit the needs of the class, providing feedback as needed.
- Be assertive and confident in safety procedures and processes at each pool and to ensure classes adhere to these.
- Communicate effectively with the lifeguard, meet and greeter and pool operator to maintain a professional and safe working environment, deliver excellent customer service and build relationships.
- Liaise with the office and flag any on-going concerns or worries with any specific customer - which may include dealing with ‘Water Wobbles’ or other related or non-related issues.
- Be responsible providing weekly feedback on each class to the office
- Arrive at each venue 30 minutes prior to the first class commencing and remain on site until the last customer has left.
- Assist with meet and greets where required, this will include carrying out your own if the class is your first of the day at that venue.
- Be responsible for cleaning all kit in line with Water Babies policy and drying kit after every session
- Ensure the hours logs are correctly completed and sent to the relevant person in line with the payroll schedule
- Provide cover for other classes throughout the franchise area where needed.
- Actively identify areas for improvement within the teaching schedule.
- Attend the teachers’ supper each cycle.
- Attend any training sessions or professional CPD’s required to maintain qualification and to further improve teaching knowledge.
- Maintain order and up to date records in relation to all relevant documentation and administration procedures such as attendance and pool logs.
- Report any incidents, accidents or near misses in line with Water Babies policies and procedures.
- Have knowledge of the pools operating procedures, risk assessment and complete visual risk assessment of pools attended and report back to the office if changes are to be made.
- Undertake such other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as may be reasonably required.
Key Result Areas:
- Provide high quality swimming tuition in line with the Water Babies standards.
- Continue to develop swimming knowledge to further improve teaching standards.
- Communicate with the office any concerns with clients to ensure client satisfaction is at Water Babies standard.
- Solves problems creatively by, identifying the problem, evaluating the alternatives and finding innovative solutions.
- Makes controlled responses in stressful situations, such as when faced with negative responses.
- Sets high standards for self and others.
- Plans with colleagues and members work schedules and resource requirements that will ensure agreed standards are reached, and where appropriate exceeded.
- Expresses both verbally and written, ideas and information in ways that are appropriate, accurate and concise.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: