Final Product Designer
Logic Executive Search & Workplace Solutions
Windsor , ON
At Logic Executive Search and Workplace Solutions we strive to be a valued, strategic business partner providing the highest level of executive recruitment expertise and customized workplace strategies.
Our client is a leading-edge ultrasonic technologies company looking to add a Final Product Designer to their organization in Windsor, ON. The ideal candidate will have experience in various high-tech projects and the ability to not only design but produce products in volume.
What’s In It For You?
- Full-time, permanent position
- Competitive salary
- Bonus plan
What You’ll Be Responsible For:
- Coordinating and completing projects to schedule specifications, specific quality, and legislation standards.
- Designing using SolidWorks and using mechanical and electrical systems to leverage new designs for clients, projects, etc.
- Participating in multi-disciplinary projects and work in collaboration with engineering group and research scientists in the organization.
- Creating technical documentation and document work and projects.
- Designing electrical panels and hardware for manufacturing and serviceability.
- Participating in project meetings to compare quotes, specifications, and metrics from projections to completed projects.
- Designing of enclosures for PCBs including interface ports and displays, while maintaining a specified IP rating.
- Continuously improving mechanical design division.
- Contributing to goals to enhance safety, functionality, and reduce costs.
- Working independently on various projects and effectively with other engineering groups within the organization.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in electrical design technology with an emphasis on customer automation solutions.
- Experience using SolidWorks, Mechanical Layout and Thermodynamics.
- Experience with Design Visioning Tools.
- Knowledge of industrial buses and interfaces, their physical layouts and how to properly pass them through panel enclosures.
- Knowledge of safety certification standards: CSA, ULC, CE, etc.
- Mechanical prototyping abilities and familiarity with basic machine shop equipment: lathes, mills, welders, etc.
- A general mechanical aptitude and ability to use common hand and power tools.
- Analytical, organized, and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and take full responsibility for projects.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.