Thermal Systems KWC Ltd.
Vancouver , BC
Thermal Systems KWC Ltd. (Thermal Systems) is looking for 15 permanent fill-time Journeyman Cladders to join our team!
We are a leading building envelope, mechanical insulation and daylighting subcontractor serving the industrial and commercial marketplace with high quality and exclusive products. We look for the most complicated and unique jobs to challenge our highly skilled workforce and have been part of some of the most exciting project builds in Western Canada.
We are a group of individuals dedicated to Building Inspired Visions. Over the years we have worked on thousands of projects across Western Canada where we have developed relationships, increased our high quality product base, grown in capacity, and cultivated a team of construction professionals in an environment of rapid advancement.
We have a solid reputation we take very seriously, maintain an advanced Quality Control and Safety Program, and offer the best opportunities for career growth to our people. We are currently pushing the limits of building envelope construction with onsite 3D scanning.
Our head office is located at 261185 Wagon Wheel Way, Rocky View, AB T4A 0E2. We are looking to fill positions related to various job sites in and around the greater Vancouver area.
As a Journeyman Cladder in construction, you will be working both indoors and outdoors, often in uncomfortable or varied weather conditions, and on aerial equipment such as swing stages, aerial lifts and scaffolds, in heights exceeding 30 meters. Heavy lifting is a job requirement so a degree of fitness is needed.
Due to the safety sensitive nature of this job, Drug and Alcohol testing is required as a condition of employment (including cannabis).
You must have 3+ years working in Commercial Cladding.
Wage and Benefits
Wages as a Journeyman Cladder range from $36.00 – $40.00 per hour for 40 hours per week. After one month of employment, you will be eligible for a full benefits package including extended health, dental and vision.
As a Journeyman Cladder, you will be responsible for:
- Install a variety of products to high quality standard, in a safe and timely manner
- Communicate effectively with Foremen and all other co-workers
- Assist fellow trades persons in construction activities
- Safely operate a variety of hand tools such as cordless drills, grinders, cutoff saws etc.
- Install company products including, insulation and membrane
- Apply caulking and adhesives
- Erect and dismantle scaffolding
- Set up move or dismantle swing stages
- Daily attendance and active participation in company activities and events
- Follow company policy and procedures
- Properly complete and submit time and expense sheets
- Participate in weekly toolbox and safety meetings
- Load and unload construction materials and move materials to work areas as needed
- Remove rubble and other debris at construction sites as needed
If you possess the following skills, you will be a great fit as a Journeyman Cladder:
- 3+ years working in Commercial Cladding
- Basic math and English skills at a high school level
- Experience with a variety of hand and power tools
- Experience in accepted installation methods
- Physically able to lift heavy loads and work in excess of 8 hours in variable weather conditions
- Able to acquire all safety training and accreditation
Working Conditions and Capabilities
Additional requirements and working conditions of this position include:
- Maintain a healthy, safe and productive work environment
- Willingness to learn and accept new responsibilities
- Demonstrate reliability and accountability through daily attendance and participation
- Proven ability to take direction and get required job done
- Safety record and proven safe practice on all job sites
- Attention to detail on tasks performed
- Foreman’s reference and recommendations