Metal Fabricator and Welder
Target Hydraulics and Machine Works Ltd
Sydney , NS
Company: Target Hydraulics and Machine Works offers machining and fabrication of replacement parts and or repairs in power production, mining, forestry, construction and general industrial / commercial businesses. Our staff has come from a variety of fields with experience in manufacturing, shipping, mining, etc. The team at Target offer a wide realm of products and services, to meet the demands of local and regional industry.
Job Description: To achieve this, you will be working as part of a team and sometimes without supervision.
- Follow and Analyze blueprints and engineering drawings to assess materials needed, meet product specification, and plan the sequence of tasks to cut metal.
- Fabricates parts and structures.
- Perform Quality Control Checks.
- Create custom templates for metal cutting.
- Operate Heavy & light machinery such as: drill, welding machines, Saw, press brakes, shears, cutting torches, grinders.
- Handling material with Forklifts & overhead crane.
- Tracking material heat numbers and weld IDs.
- Flame and plasma cutting of parts
- Install fabricated components in the final product.
- Organize multiple jobs & materials.
- Mentor apprentices & help with their skill development.
- Keep work areas organized and maintain the work & material flow through the shop.
- Other duties as required.
- Install and repair various equipment and components
- Calculate material measurements to verify specifications
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Professional, organized and positive disposition
- Must be able to lift 35lbs
- Must be able to work in strenuous body positions
- Competent, efficient and safe operation of all welding related equipment and tools
- CWB certification
- Strong Fabrication Skills an asset
- Availability for weekend and overtime
- Preference 3 years experience with metal fabrication
Job Type: Full Time
Mon to Fri – 8:00am to 4:30pm (with the possibility of weekend and overtime work)
Benefits: Health Plan (after 3 months)