Plastic Products Manufacturing Supervisor (Foam and Nonwoven Plant)
VPC Group Inc.
North York , ON
January 29, 2022
Company: VPC Group Inc.
Business Information: VPC Group Inc. is a Canadian manufacturer specializing in converting chemicals and fibre into quality foam and nonwoven products for the home furnishing markets. A privately-owned company, VPC Group is committed to creating a positive work experience for employees by providing them with a safe work environment and opportunities for growth. VPC Group has become a supplier of choice by committing to operational excellence, investing in technology, and being close to our customers to deliver exceptional service.
Business and work address: 150 Toro Rd., North York, ON, M3J 2A9
Type of Employment: Full time–Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule activities of production workers who operate processing machines and who fabricate, assemble, finish or inspect plastic (foam or nonwoven) parts and products
- Establish methods to meet work schedules and co-ordinate work activities with other work units
- Set up machines and equipment: Operate material handling equipment including a Lift Truck
- Recommend measures to improve productivity and product quality
- Supervise, co-ordinate and schedule (and possibly review) activities of workers
- Identify, investigate, correct and document potential environmental and safety problems
- Establish work schedules
- Provide information for maintenance plans to ensure that maintenance and production objectives are met
- Co-ordinate work activities with other departments: Maintain constructive working relationships with co-workers, supervisors and managers
- Resolve work problems and recommend measures to improve productivity
- Oversee safety of operations: Comply with the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations and established company safety rules
- Prepare production and other reports: Record and follow process instructions
- Train staff/workers in job duties, safety procedures and company policies
- Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
- Offload chemicals from Rail Cars and Tanker Trucks weekly
- Control and monitor chemicals in storage tanks and chemical handling equipment (pumps, compressors)
- Clean plant and equipment, including all tanks and mixers as needed to maintain a good housekeeping philosophy
- Education: Completion of secondary school is required
- Experience: A minimum of 2 years of experience as a machine operator or an assembler in plastic, foam or nonwoven products manufacturing is required
- Knowledge of ERP systems is required
- Knowledge and experience with a process control system in controlling reactions and processes an asset
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions
- Mechanical aptitude, including knowledge and use of hand tools
- Able to work outside in all weather conditions
- Personal suitability: Excellent written communication, Excellent oral communication, Initiative, Accurate, Judgement, Effective interpersonal skills, Team player, Organized, Ability to supervise.
- Working conditions and physical capabilities:
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Tight deadlines
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching and kneeling.
- Handling heavy loads up to 23 kg (50 lbs.)
Salary: $26.50 to $27.50 per hour, 40 hours per week.
We provide disability and vision care benefits; extended medical and life insurance benefits; dental insurance benefits, group insurance benefits, and RRSP benefits.
Work schedule is from Monday to Friday, from 6:00 am to 3:30 pm. Flexibility required to work overtime or on-call work at times for our 24/7 manufacturing operations.