Website Designer and Developer
Vancouver , BC
We are looking for a Website Designer and Developer to join our team at our office in Downtown Vancouver. Your role will be to help redevelop our existing website, as well as create new pages to promote our new projects and innovations.
We provide a great environment to learn and develop new technology in a small team setting. We welcome creative ideas to enhance everyday interactions. Our office follows a business-casual dress code, and is a short walk away from Burrard Skytrain Station.
Here are some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Create creative and eye-catching webpages to promote our company’s new products and projects
- Develop intuitive webpages by applying industry trends and best practices
- Maintain current website assets and fix bugs as necessary
- Implement functionalities and 3rd party APIs
- Write code that is reusable, clear, and concise
- Assist with R&D projects and innovations
We are looking for candidates with the following requirements:
- 1-2+ years’ experience as a web developer
- Good understanding of web development languages like Java, PHP, Python, etc.
- Experience translating complex ideas into visually appealing webpages
- Experience with API integration
- Basic SEO understanding
- Experience working under pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong multitasking skills
Special consideration will be given to candidates with:
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite
- Knowledge of relational database and object oriented programming concepts
- Experience working in a marketing role
- Experience using a front-end framework like React or Angular