Analyst 3, Financial
City of Whitehorse
Whitehorse , YK
October 1, 2021
The incumbent is responsible for coordinating the yearly budget process and ensuring the accuracy of budgets including Fees & Charges
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes and prepares complex calculations for the Operating and Capital budget.
- Compiles operating and capital budget data submitted by departments and resolves data discrepancies.
- Prepares, records and ensures accuracy of budget amendments throughout the year.
- Coordinates Fees & Charges Bylaw process and ensures compliance.
- Performs Internal Audits and reconciliations including Bank reconciliations and year-end.
- Oversees funding agreements including ensuring compliance with the terms of the agreements from the finance perspective.
- Prepares relevant bylaws including Operating and Capital Budget and Tax.
- Follows, so far as reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
- Acts as Budget/Internal Audit Specialist and Financial Analyst II as assigned.
This position contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
Generally pleasant office surroundings. Work hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 am – 4:30 pm.
Required Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Degree and Level 4 in an Accounting Designation program recognized in Canada plus actively enrolled in an Advanced Studies Level in that program
- 4 years previous progressive accounting experience including 1 year in a government/municipal setting
- On the job experience - 1 year
- Incumbent must be able to work independently in a very fast paced environment with little supervision
- The ability to be self-directed and have good time management skills is essential
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
Computer with applications including a suite of Financial Software, Microsoft Office, Banking software and office equipment.
Quote Job Reference: 1316