Finishing & Fabrication Specialist
The Printing House
Halifax , NS
November 12, 2021
TPH is seeking a Finishing & Fabrication Specialist to join our team in Halifax, NS.
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS A FINISHING & FABRICATION SPECIALIST
The purpose of the Finishing & Fabrication Specialist role is to envision the scope of the project and accurately fabricate, assemble and finish all the components to complete a project that meets or exceeds the customer's expectations; in doing so, they must use materials & time responsibly to assist the team in achieving their daily objectives.
Successful Candidates will have the following 5 key attributes:
- Detail Oriented/Accurate- close attention to and review of work orders for accuracy and completeness, quality control
- Sense of Urgency- will enjoy working in a fast paced deadline driven environment
- Reliable- ability to work at a consistent rate of productivity, punctual; Strong work ethic
- Coachable- open to feedback, able to collaborate and communicate with team members and customers, open to suggestions, adapt to new technologies.
- Problem Solver- ability to innovate, open to new ways of getting the job done, willing to consult with others to find a 3rd way, when unexpected challenges arise the ability to trouble shoot and consult teammates to find solutions.
How you will make an impact
- Following the work order details, plan and execute the best option for finishing/fabricating print products
- Working safely to trim, custom cut, laminate, mount, transform digital print products into high quality products that exceed our customer's expectations
- Collaborate with the team to innovate new products and finishes
- A desire to learn and back up other team members
Skills you bring...
- Experience with:
- Large format poster finishing
- Dry mounting, masking, weeding, hand trimming large format posters
- Binding equipment Cerlox, Wiro, Coil, Saddle Stitching
- Drilling machines
- Folding Machines
- Perfect Binding, Scoring and Creasing
- Slitters and Guillotines
- Knowledge of computers and software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Acrobat Pro, MS Office is an asset
- Knowledge of the digital printing process is an asset
- Ability to lift and carry 50lbs
Are you coachable and open to feedback? Do you have great communication skills? Are you able to adapt to new technology? Are you reliable and punctual? If so, you may be perfect for this position! Apply today to get started on an exciting journey in the Print Industry.
At TPH, we care about providing the support necessary to help you grow professionally and develop valuable skills applicable to the printing industry and beyond. Since 1961 we have served Canadians as part of the community. TPH is delighted to join the list of respected organizations that have been recognized as one of Canada's Greenest Employers of 2021. The award, presented by MediaCorp Canada Inc., is given to employers that lead the nation in creating a culture that values sustainable initiatives and environmental awareness. As a result of our environmental initiatives, The Printing House was rated North America's most forest-friendly printer in Canopy's 2019 Blueline Ranking, the only comprehensive assessment of the environmental performance of North America's printers.
Quote Job Reference: 14211