Vancouver , BC
We are looking for a co-op Electronics Engineer student to join our Electrical Team at our office in Downtown Vancouver. The Electronics Engineer will participate in developing and designing new product prototypes. Occasional travel may be required.
We provide a great environment to learn and develop new technology in a small team setting.
Here are some of the things you’ll be doing as an Electronics Engineer:
- Design experiments for process and product development
- Assemble and test prototype and pre-production products
- Investigate origin and cause of failures, damages or defects in electrical fields
- Evaluate off-the-shelf and custom drivers, components, PCBs, PCAs, etc.
- Analyze and solder PCBs
- Develop software systems to control circuits and other electronic segments
- Write reports on technological developments in the industry
- Ensure designs meet regulations and quality standards by the IPC, FCC, IC, etc.
- Collaborate with others in R&D projects
We are looking for candidates with the following requirements:
- Post-secondary education in Electrical and Electronics Engineering or a related field
- Proficient in the design, schematic capture, simulation and layout of electronics
- Excellent attention to detail
- Knowledge of electronic, analog, and digital concepts
- Strong communication skills
- Experience working as part of a team
- Solid grounding in physics and mathematics fundamentals
- Experience working with tight deadlines
- Knowledge of EMI and EMC testing
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and Google app equivalents
Special consideration will be given to candidates with:
- 2+ years’ experience in Engineering
- Safety certification experience