Customer Service Specialist
Bailey Group of Companies
Montreal (Dorval) , QC
Division: Bailey Metal Products Limited - Montreal
Reports to: Customer Service Manager
Job Purpose Summary
The Customer Service Specialist is responsible for serving customers in person and via the telephone with respect and professionalism. Incumbent is accountable for dealing with customer issues, inquiries and processing transactions. The Representative understands his/her role as company ambassador and provides positive experience to all customers.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
The responsibilities and accountabilities of the position include but are not limited to the following:
- Answer phones quickly, professionally, courteously and directs incoming calls to appropriate individuals.
- Research and resolve customer problems, acting as the customer liaison between other company departments when necessary.
- Up-sell company products and services based on customer needs, in accordance with the company’s program standards.
- Handle inbound, unsolicited prospect calls and convert them into sales.
- Review customer purchase orders and identify opportunities for upselling.
- Manage a specific customer base or product segment as assigned providing complete customer service.
- Establish and maintain relationships within assigned account base and with outside sales force.
- Understand and emphasize product features and benefits.
- Record, enter and print orders received via phone/fax or front counter, quickly, courteously and professionally.
- Field and respond to inquires regarding products, service, pricing, delivery, returns, and complaints.
- Inform customers and co-workers of delivery requirements for orders and co-ordinate, if necessary, specific arrangements for deliveries as per the customer’s request.
- Work closely with the Customer Service Manager and National Customer Service Manager to develop and implement a continuous improvement process within the Customer Service Department.
- Work closely and effectively with Sales, Production and Shipping to resolve issues and to develop new ideas and strategies to improve customer service.
- Participate in the company’s quarterly inventory count.
- Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner that reflects integrity and respect towards customers, suppliers, peers, subordinates, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the company.
- Understand, support and adhere to the company’s health and safety polices, programs and procedures by communicating and promoting health and safety awareness.
- Other responsibilities and accountabilities as assigned by the Customer Service Manager.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Must have exceptional organizational skills and written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be bilingual French and English (written and spoken)
- Self-Starter with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Customer service experience (ideally in manufacturing is an asset)
- Experience using SAP within the manufacturing industry is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree is an asset.
- Manufacturing experience an asset
- Experience in building materials or construction
- Office environment. (working remotely is an option)
- Some overtime as required.
The Bailey Group of Companies has an accommodation process in place and provides accommodations for employees with disabilities. If you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org so arrangements can be made for appropriate accommodations before you begin your employment or at any point during your employment with The Bailey Group of Companies.
Masks required to be worn on company premises. High touch surfaces are sanitized regularly. Daily Covid-19 screening questions and temperature checks conducted. Physical distancing and other Covid-19 protocols in place.
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: