Restaurant Manager (Lebanese and Mediterranean cuisine)
Alexandria , ON
January 8, 2022
Company: Jalls Group Inc. o/a Cedars
Business Information: For many years, CEDARS restaurant has proudly served its customers with Lebanese and Mediterranean food delicacies cooked to perfection with the freshest and healthiest ingredients. We offer healthy, delicious Falafel, salads, marinated Shawarma and yummy garlic sauce to our customers in our restaurant and also through delivery service.
Business and work address: 417 Main Street South, Alexandria, ON, K0C 1A0
Type of Employment: Full Time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate daily operations
- Determine type of services to be offered and implement operational procedures
- Address and resolve customers’ complaints or concerns
- Ensure health and safety regulations are followed
- Negotiate arrangements with suppliers for food and other supplies
- Negotiate with clients for catering or use of facilities
- Participate in marketing plans and implementation
- Set staff work schedules and monitor staff performance
- Recruit, train and supervise staff
- Address and resolve customers' complaints or concerns
- Provide customer service
- Conduct performance reviews
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Balance cash and complete balance sheets, cash reports and related forms
- Manage other employees in the kitchen
- Control inventory, monitor revenues and modify procedures and prices
- Communicate with the owner about how to improve restaurant menu
- Completion of high school is required.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the food service sector, including supervisory experience, is required. In the event that the candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate related to hospitality or food and beverage service management is required.
- Knowledge of Mediterranean food is a strong asset.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Attention to detail, standing for extended periods.
Personal Suitability: Reliability, Organized, Flexibility, Client focus, Effective interpersonal skills, Excellent oral and written communication, Dependability, Team player.
Ability to Supervise: 4 – 6 People
Salary: $20.00 to $22.00 hourly, 39.5 – 49 Hours per week
Benefits: Commission provided.
Work schedule: From Tuesday to Friday, from 9 am to 5 pm and Saturdays from 10 am to 5:30 pm. Flexibility on schedule will be required depending on the business’ needs. Sometimes, especially during the months of November and December, the chosen candidate will finish the day at 7 pm. Overtime might be required.