Porter (Banquet Set Up Attendant)
The St. Regis Toronto
Toronto , ON
October 7, 2021
Live Fully at Marriott International – #1 Leader in Hospitality
At Marriott International, you have the opportunity to grow in your career, work with teammates that feel like family, and help make our world a better place.
The St. Regis Toronto, located at 325 Bay Street, Toronto, ON, M5H 4G3 is currently hiring a Porter (Banquet Set Up Attendant) - Part Time.
- Complete final breakdown of function, by cleaning the room, and cleaning and returning equipment to its proper location.
- Complete closing duties, including storing all reusable goods, locking doors, breaking down goods, etc.
- Set up, stock, and maintain work areas.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation, and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Transport dirty linen to correct area to be cleaned, separate napkins from tablecloths, and restock linen shelves with clean linens.
- Maintain cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
- Assist other departments when needed to ensure optimum service to guests.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect company assets.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, and thank guests with genuine appreciation.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Support team to reach common goals.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds with assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Quote Job Reference: 21099622