Learning and Development Specialist
The Printing House
Toronto , ON
November 2, 2021
TPH Learning and Development Specialist
TPH is looking for a Learning and Development Specialist to join our team. This role will be a hybrid working model, 2 days in office and 3 days from home. Share Your Knowledge and Grow is one the key principals that our founder Earle O'Born instilled in our culture 60 years ago, and continues to be one of our biggest beliefs today. We are looking forward to having you on our team.
People are one of our most valuable assets. We provide internal learning opportunities to develop skills and knowledge, further careers, and help individuals achieve their personal and professional goals.
Do you identify as curious, collaborative, and a continuous learner?
Join our team to make an impact and thrive. Become your personal best, and be recognized for it. We reward employees and teams who achieve results, live our mission and values, and help others succeed.
The Learning and Development Specialist will be the central point of contact for a variety of learning and development initiatives. Reporting to the Learning and Talent Programs Manager, this individual will support about 460 employees across head office and 65 locations. The Learning and Development Specialist will enhance the organizational and administrative aspects of learning programs ensuring employees have a seamless learning experience. The successful candidate will have a high attention to detail and a well-developed sense of service delivery with a team-focused approach.
Learning & Development 60%
- Design, develop and deliver learning initiatives that enhance the capability of the organization utilizing a blended learning approach, classroom/virtual strategies, on-the-job training, train-the-trainer, e-learning, etc.
- Implement and execute a design methodology (e.g., ADDIE) that addresses the full cycle of instructional design.
- Conduct needs analysis, develop SMART learning objectives, design, develop, and delivers hybrid learning programs in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver webinar series with SME's.
- Explore and leverage various functionalities of the LMS to engage learners and improve learner experience
- Partner with the Manager, Learning and Talent to help establish company–wide LMS strategy.
- Support the implementation of learning initiatives by using change and project management strategies coupled with the most appropriate and effective learning modalities.
- Work in close partnership with Business Leaders to support performance quality and efficiencies through appropriate and timely training interventions that drive strategic and relevant outcomes.
- Establish learning standard operating procedures (SOP's).
- Facilitate training regularly through various modalities to ensure employees can acquire and apply essential skills and knowledge to the performance of their daily activities with consistency and effectiveness.
Learning Coordination 40%:
- Maintains and administers all aspects of the Learning Management System (Dayforce/Docebo). LMS tasks will include managing the course catalog and troubleshooting the system, updating the learning content, provide training on the LMS, creating reports/analytics, test/implement LMS upgrades and enhancements to engage learners and improve overall learner experience.
- Coordinate, schedule and manage logistics for various learning programs, to ensure activities and deliverables are aligned with learning and development goals
- Maintain the learning and development inbox and calendar - assist in coordination of events.
- Prepare learning materials in advance which may include; Digital material, printing of workbooks, shipping materials and handouts
- Document classroom attendance records, submit course information to employees, distribute, collect and analyze survey feedback.
- Build relationships with external vendors; and assist with the coordination of third-party learning vendors and facilitators.
Measures of Success:
High Potential Program
Maintains records of learning outcomes, analyses data and recommends high performers
Implements post program curriculum enhancements based on stakeholder feedback as well as learning outcomes in order to support the number of participants that move into Management.
In partnership with Learning and Talent Programs Manager develop strategies and set goals to improve learner engagement and adoption of new LMS. Validated through quarterly LMS usage /Number of courses completed.
Additional Measures of Success
Webinar 2.0 enhancements - quiz & testing development for all webinars and digital design software. Creating verification of skills & knowledge learned with the target of 80% or higher for learner validation.
Accurate & timely KPI reporting on team metrics (monthly and quarterly) to show ROI of learning to the business. (L1 – L4)
1-3 years of coordinator/learning experience.
1-3 years of e-learning authoring software required.
CTP Designation (or in progress).
Experience with Learning Management Systems e.g. Dayforce Learning or similar learning management system is preferred.
Ability to communicate effectively with all levels in the organization.
Results oriented with the ability to meet deadlines and manage time wisely.
Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize.
Advanced computer skills, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including PowerPoint, excel, word and outlook.
Ability to problem solve.
Since 1961 we have served Canadians as part of the community. TPH remains a 100% family-owned, Canadian business operating 65 walk-in production centres and employing over 460 people across Canada. Accessible and central locations, from coast to coast meet our customers' ever-changing needs. Our 60-year success is attributed to our creative, innovative, and dedicated teams who work tirelessly each day to make the impossible possible.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
TPH is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. Accommodations are available upon request to email@example.com for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you believe TPH is a good fit for you, feel free to submit your application, we would love to hear from you.
Would you like to learn more about TPH.?
Visit our website at TPH.CA to discover a world of opportunity
Quote Job Reference: 14153