Salari Fine Carpet Collections Ltd.
Vancouver , BC
December 27, 2021
Business information: We are a trade showroom specializing in high quality Contemporary and Traditional hand-knotted rugs from leading manufacturers.
Business address: 140-285 E 1st Ave, Vancouver, BC V5T 1A7
Work Location: Same as above and various locations in Vancouver depending on our clients' needs
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Inspect and verify incoming goods against invoices or other documents
- Maintain internal record-keeping system
- Route goods to appropriate storage areas
- Pack goods to be shipped
- Unpack goods received
- Affix identifying information and shipping instructions on shipments
- Oversee loading and unloading of goods
- Deliver carpets to customers in clients’ sites
- Organize and maintain inventory
- Prepare purchase orders
- Inspect inventory to make sure carpets are free of defects
- Repair and correct any deficiencies in stocked carpets
- Take photographs of products if they do not exist in our repository and coordinate with website and marketing team to ensure materials are up to date
- Measure and accurately cut appropriate underpads to fit client projects
- Assist sales staff while helping clients
- Interact with clients in a professional manner
- Lift heavy carpets and rolls of underlay
- Drive to clients’ residences to perform job duties
Education: Completion of high school
Experience: Experience is an asset. On-the-job training will be provided.
This position is physically demanding and involves manual labour
This position requires a high level of accuracy with little room for error as we are dealing with very demanding clients.
Driver’s license is required
Technical photography skills as well as an artistic eye, to ensure accuracy are an asset.
Working Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Repetitive tasks
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching and kneeling
- Large workload
- Standing for extended periods
Personal Suitability: Organized, Flexibility, Client focus, Reliability, Team player
Weight Handling: Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
Salary: $26.00 hourly, 35-40 hours per week.
Benefits: Disability, Medical, and Dental benefits, Christmas bonus. We provide transportation to worksites via company’s vehicle and paid gas
Important Information: Flexibility in schedule is required. Regular working schedule is from Monday to Friday, from 09:30 am to 04:30 pm. To accommodate specific client installation requests or when we receive large shipments before or after hours, weekend hours and overtime may be required.