Clinical Trainer, Labs
Various , ON
Join a team that is changing millions of lives.
Transforming smiles. Changing lives.
Transforming an industry.
At Align Technology, we are an industry leader and innovator in medical devices revolutionizing general practice dentistry with Invisalign® system and iTero® intraoral scanners. Our teams continue to push the boundaries of what is possible, never losing sight of who our customers are and how we can change their world through innovation.
After more than 15 years of providing products and services across the country, Align Canada opened its first office in the heart of downtown Toronto in 2017, and was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2019, again in 2020 and included on their Best Companies list in 2021.
Ready to join us?
About this opportunity
Align Technology is the industry leader and innovator in medical devices focused on revolutionizing the dental and orthodontic industry. As we continue to expand our market reach and grow our connections with Dental Laboratories, we are looking for a full-time Clinical Trainer, reporting to the Senior Manager, Digital Adoption in Canada. You will drive and accelerate clinical confidence for groups of Lab personnel and dental practices via specifically designed educational programs in close coordination with Customer Support and Sales Teams. You will be accountable for nurturing clinical confidence with our technology - predominantly for restorative applications - in personnel at Laboratory clinics, General Practice, and Orthodontic offices. You will be based in Ontario, working both remotely and in the field.
What’s in it for you
Impact. This is an opportunity to be part of a company helping to improve lives every day through digital dentistry. Our iTero® intraoral scanning reduces the need for slow and invasive plaster modelling and increases accuracy and comfort through precise digital measurements and imaging. Our cutting-edge technology has helped create over 10 Million Smiles. Joining us now is a chance to be part of the collaborative culture of the Digital Adoption team in Canada and work in partnership across teams. It's an opportunity to work directly with customers as an integral player in the success of a global company with a recognizable brand and a reputation for quality and service.
Exposure. You will be the touchpoint for dental labs and practices in Ontario, with an opportunity to work with customers across Canada. With a new challenge, customer, or training session every day, you will enjoy the changing demands and expand your own knowledge, network, and skills.
In this role, you will…
- Provide clinical customer support. You will visit labs and practices to provide onsite, hands-on guidance for work on restorative applications as well as clinical troubleshooting for the iTero® intraoral scanner. You will investigate and solve clinical-related customer inquiries, complaints, and adverse events, ensuring timely communication and resolution.
- Collaborate. You will work closely with the Business Development Specialist, Labs, and your peers on the Canadian clinical training team to engage customers with the technology, increase clinical confidence, and ensure satisfaction through training, support, and communication.
- Lead education activities. You will design, develop, and deliver clinical education activities that may be in-person or virtual for individual customers or industry events. You will coordinate with clinical speakers to present content and support education activities at universities, conference booths, and other networking events.
In this role, you’ll need …
- The education. You have a Bachelor's degree with a preference for graduates in the Dental lab sector or with a clinical designation such as a Dental Assistant or Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH).
- The experience. You have a minimum of 4 years experience as a Dental Assistant, RDH or as a Lab Technician and ideally hands-on experience with Restorative applications in the dental sector.
- The training skills. You have worked in a consulting or training role formally or informally. You have the comfort to deliver virtual or in-person one-on-one training, demonstrations, product support, and educational seminars to the Dental practice and Dental lab fields.
- The relationship-building skills. You thrive in an autonomous role, and you are a collaborative team player. You can gain trust and nurture connections with internal and external stakeholders and partners.
- The communication skills. You have outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills, including the ability to adapt to changing circumstances, relay technical details to a nontechnical audience, and influence decisions through well-thought-out case examples and data.
- The drive. You are self-motivated to provide exceptional customer service, and you can pivot your focus based on customer needs. In addition, you have strong administrative and organizational skills, including attention to detail, time management, proficiency in MS Office and a CRM, the ability to conduct research and apply findings.
- The flexibility. You have a valid driver's license and access to a vehicle. You are willing and able to travel within Ontario, and you are open to the possibility of overnight travel in Canada as needed.
Sound like a good fit?
Great! Click the "Apply" link to let us know you are interested. Not the right fit? Don’t worry, Align is quickly growing so we are creating more opportunities to expand our Align family. Please consider joining our Talent Network to receive notifications about future jobs or sharing this opportunity with others in your network.
Guided by our values of Agility, Customer, and Accountability, we foster a vibrant and inclusive employee culture that drives innovation and professional development.
Our beliefs, our actions. Both teams and individual employees participate in a number of volunteer and community-focused activities, including food drives, school backpack drives, and other initiatives, including Operation Smile that provides access to cleft lip and palate corrective surgery for children.
Your growth and ours. As we continue to expand, employees are provided with opportunities in their career journey. We have extensive continuous learning through our online education platform and support for development opportunities.
Our teams and our communities. Every employee is as unique as their smile.We foster an environment across all of our locations and remote teams that is respectful, open-minded, and supports our core values. This includes employee resource groups for our diverse workforce through the REACH@Align initiative, with programs focused on, diversity, and inclusion and our Women@Align resource group dedicated professional development and support for women in leadership roles.
Your benefits. Our competitive compensation, benefits, health, and wellness programs are locally relevant and designed to meet you and your family's immediate and long-term needs. In addition, the Employee Invisalign® Discount Program serves as an additional perk for full-time employees and eligible dependents.
At Align, we live our company values by promoting healthy people and healthy communities, and we continuously pursue innovation that will benefit our customers - all with the intent of transforming smiles and changing lives. If you believe you possess most of these qualifications, we encourage you to express your interest here. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
Global Diversity Statement
At Align, we believe in the power of a smile, and we know that every smile is as unique as our employees. As we grow, we will continue building a workforce of diverse cultural backgrounds and life experiences and fostering a culture of open-mindedness and compassion for all our employees. We live our company values by promoting healthy people and healthy communities. All with the intent of changing millions of lives, one unique smile at a time.
We welcome and encourage applications from people of all abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Equal Opportunity Statement
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all of our employment practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, protected veteran status, age, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. Applicants for positions with Align must be legally authorized to work in the country which they are applying for and verification of employment eligibility will be required as a condition of hire.