Junior Server Administrator
Wicked Interactive Ltd.
North York , ON
Are you a server administrator who’s eager to use and grow his or her technological skills? In this role, the successful individual will protect our critical information, systems, and assets, implement new software and hardware, provide documentation, and nurture an overall dependable IT infrastructure. From early on, you will be able to apply your skill set towards MMO games and their operations.
Wicked Interactive publishes MMO games though subagames.com and is looking to invite an individual to join us in the exciting MMO game industry.
If you'd like to contribute to this exciting industry and think you've got what it takes, apply for the Junior Server Administrator role overseeing our facilities in Toronto. You can apply by submitting your resume and CV to: email@example.com
This position is currently remote with some tasks requiring physical presence in Toronto.
Objective of this role:
- Monitor, install, or update game server software
- Review updates for technical quality and changes to technical demands
- Perform server administration tasks, including user/group administration, security permissions, group policies, print services, research event log warnings and errors, and resource monitoring, ensuring system architecture components work together seamlessly
- Help build, test, and maintain new servers as needed
- Design coverage and ensure functioning of backup and recovery plan together with Managed Services Provider.
- Be on lookout for signs of failures of backups systems
- Learn, develop, and implement best practices
- Be cautious and test recovery scenarios and options
- Anticipate future backup needs and storage requirements
- Nurture dependable IT infrastructure and networking that’s always up and running
- Good documentation skills, ability to write technical procedures, create and update support documents.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience and understanding
- Experience with system/network administration
- Strong understanding of client/server systems
- Strong understanding of network architecture and applications
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Understand the strategic importance and the big picture of your decisions
- Experience with computer/server hardware and remote control/management technologies
- Experience with CDNs and HTTP cache an asset
- Exposure to diverse technologies and environments an asset
- Proficient analyzing network traffic using WireShark, Fiddler, etc.
- Open to new ideas and new ways to do things
- Can work in harmony with others in a team in person or remotely
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: