Restaurant Assistant Manager for Kitchen Operation
Victoria , BC
The successful candidate must display strong time management and leadership skills. They will have to juggle multiple tasks while simultaneously ensuring their team members are completing their tasks as well. Although they are not the final decision maker on large kitchen related issues, the assistant manager for Kitchen Operation must display strong independent problem solving and interpersonal skills. They will need to manage staff in the absence of the Chef and be able to think on the fly. They are responsible for the execution of fast paced breakfast and lunch rushes where the pressure can be high. The Assistant Manager for Kitchen Operation must be able to handle a fast paced, high energy work environment without outwardly displaying signs of stress or fatigue.
The position is an integral part of the Ruby team and is largely responsible for the smooth execution of busy services.
Duties will include but are not limited to the following.
- Plan and organize operations of back end of the restaurant, supervise staff
- ensure health and safety standards are followed
- resolve customer complaints and concerns, order supplies, monitor daily sales and prepare reports for senior management.
- Set kitchen staff schedules and evaluate performance, resolve kitchen staff issues
- Make arrangements with food suppliers, write and maintain food supplier contracts,
- Manage kitchen budget and supplies, organize and run restaurant kitchen operations
- Inventory and quality management and monitor procedures and price
- Minimum 2 years experience in a restaurant/ kitchen management
- Good spoken and written English is a must.
- Must be willing to work weekends and holidays.
- Must be willing to work split shifts.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced stressful environment
Salary: $25- $28 per hour