Senior Software Developer
Vancouver , BC
We are helping our client - a well capitalized startup - hire an extremely talented Back-End Engineer.
- You must have experience building and designing large and complex, yet maintainable SaaS.
- You must be able to work closely with your team to complete sprints and maintain a high velocity.
- Exceptional communication and comfort with debate are essential
- Current backend is Ruby on Rails and frontend is Vue.js – open to consideration of other technologies and the right candidate will help form that technology hypothesis for validation with our client.
- Manage the SDLC of an Agile Scrum product in a startup environment
- Implement backend code in existing Rails 5 codebase
- Continue to develop mobile-first frontend system in VueJS
- Collaborate with other developers and designers
- Effectively communicate with peers and managers
- Write efficient yet creative code
- Creatively problem solve to find appropriate solutions
- Define and implement technical strategies within budget and time constraints
- Identify and advise on technical risks
Team Leadership Skills
- Able to lead code reviews, enforce code standards, define and execute a technology plan
- Strong communication skills and previous experience of working with distributed technical teams; is a strong advocate for collaboration and interdisciplinary problem-solving
- Able to synthesize and communicate the outcomes of collaborative sessions to the appropriate level of fidelity to team and stakeholders
- Experienced enough to coach junior team members, critique their work, and help improve their output and skills
- Ability to communicate complex issues and solutions to a wide range of audiences
- Can manage conflict with tact and confidence
- Brings positive, solution-focused thinking to difficult problems
- Highly committed to excellence; constantly looks for ways to raise the bar in order to achieve excellence in all areas
*Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered. *Remote within Canada is acceptable, office in Vancouver, BC.
- Minimum 5 years working in the digital industry
- 3+ years experience developing webapps for mobile and tablet
- 3+ years experience with Rails
- 3+ years experience with SQL DBs, Postgres preferred
- Experience with Heroku and AWS or similar deployment systems
- B. Computer Science or comparable combination of experience/education
Nice to haves -
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with mobile frameworks
- Database development experience
- Ability to visualize analytics reports
- Extended benefits package, including health, dental, and vision
- opportunities for offsite retreats and helping to open new markets.
- Annual learning benefit
- Regular company-wide & team events
If you have the skills and experience required for this position, please forward your resume to: