Software Developer -Technical Lead
Vancouver (BC) , BC
We are helping our client - a well capitalized startup - hire an extremely talented Software Developer -Technical Lead.
*Only candidates legally entitled to work in Canada will be considered. Remote within Canada is acceptable, office in Vancouver, BC.
- As a technical lead, you will take part in deep technical conversations and help shape the technologies our client uses. You will write technical documents outlining the system models, write high-quality and testable code.
- Other developers on the team will look for your direction and guidance to solve various software challenges using modern solutions. You will help educate the team on new technologies and development principles. You will be working in a fun and creative environment with peers and executives that will support and challenge you.
- Current backend is Ruby on Rails and frontend is Vue.js – open to consideration of other technologies and the right candidate will help form that technology hypothesis for validation with our client.
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information technology, software engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience building SaaS products and understand SaaS software development practices
- Experience with leading large tasks requiring Architecture and Design skills both within and across team and technology area boundaries.
- Strong understanding of SQL.
- Understanding of AWS stack including but not limited to RDS, Lambda and API Gateways.
- Participated in the entire development lifecycle of applications and seek to improve how we work, not just the code we write
- Experience with great agile cultures and is willing to drive change in process to improve performance.
- Good knowledge of computer science terminology and concepts
- Build and maintain backend services written primarily in Ruby on Rails
- Help to occasionally maintain systems written in other languages, including Vue.js
- Expertise with testing frameworks
- Excellent debugging skills
- Good working knowledge of git
- Understanding of design principles (S.O.L.I.D.)
Additional nice to haves -
- Experience in other languages such as: Go, Python, Ruby, Java, Typescript, etc.
- Has built CI / CD pipelines with either Jenkins or Github Actions
- Extended benefits package, including health, dental, and vision
- opportunities for offsite retreats and helping to open new markets.
- Annual learning benefit
- Regular company-wide & team events