Calgary , AB
August 10, 2022
The Journey Club within Westman Village offers luxury retirement living, including Independent Living , Private Assisted Living and Memory Care. The number one priority of Journey Club is to help residents live the highest quality of life. Residents choose the lifestyle that is right for them today, and when their needs change, Journey Club will continue to offer a luxury and fulfilling experience through a flexible array of service offerings, including enhanced care and support.
The Journey Club has partnered with Asura Health to provide strategy and oversight of Care and Services at the Journey Club. With a focus on innovation, customer service and quality, Asura consistently delivers best in class hospitality and care to every resident. Residents benefit from services that emphasize a long-standing tradition of combining research, improvement and customer service with nursing care. Asura manages multiple senior living and memory care communities across Alberta. Recognized for a leading approach to programming in seniors' wellness, assisted living, home care, private care and therapeutic recreation, there are extensive options for every resident. A commitment to excellence is what makes Asura Health a recognized leader in luxury Seniors' Living.
It takes a special kind of person to work at the Journey Club. We look for people who have a passion for engaging with older adults. People who have a real commitment to treating residents with the respect, honor and dignity they deserve. People with the experience, and expertise, to help residents live the lives they envision for themselves. If making a difference in people's lives is one of the things that make you tick, then you are the right fit for us.
We are currently seeking a Kitchen Steward to join our team at the Journey Club in the prestigious, active and vibrant community of Westman Village in Calgary, AB.
- Provide service excellence to members and residents
- Conduct regular cleaning of kitchen areas and equipment
- Assist Kitchen staff with food preparation, including baking duties, as instructed
- Assist with dishwashing as necessary
- Ensure high sanitation standards in compliance with Calgary Health Region requirement
- Actively communicate and collaborate with other members of the Food and Beverage team
- Maintain a professional appearance at all times
- Ensure compliance with all Company Health and Safety standards and the Alberta Occupational Health and Safety regulations
- Ensure all pots and pans are hygienically cleaned and stored properly
- Ensure all plates, bowls, cutlery and glasses are hygienically cleaned and stored properly
- Help the cooks with putting away food orders, as requested
- Assist cooks whenever necessary with any prep work
- Contribute to an exceptional culinary experience for all residents
- Energy, enthusiasm and a positive attitude
- Professional interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Physical capability for heavy lifting
- Previous dishwashing or kitchen experience is an asset
We offer competitive wages and a positive and safe work environment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a criminal background check.
Quote Job Reference: 176126