Social Media Community Manager (Social Media Coordinator)
Vancouver , BC
December 9, 2021
Employer: Versal Manufacturing Inc. o/a Landyachtz
Business Information: Landyachtz is a global leader in the longboard/skateboard industry.?We believe in making quality skateboards that improve?your?life. Skateboarding makes life better, it is something to do with your friends, it's a way of expressing yourself, a way to get outside, it's fun, challenging and exciting. You do not need a membership, seasons pass or a vehicle to be a skateboarder, all you need is a board and your imagination.
Business Address: 1221 Glen Dr., Vancouver BC V6A 3M8
Work Location: same as above and other addresses throughout Vancouver based on meetings and events
Note: Telecommuting available during the pandemic
Type of Employment: Full time - Permanent
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Gather, research and prepare communications material
- Prepare and/or deliver educational, publicity and information programs, materials and sessions
- Prepare reports, briefs, bibliographies, speeches, presentations, Website content and press releases
- Answer written and oral inquiries
- Conduct public opinion and attitude surveys
- Advise management on advertising or sales promotion strategies
- Develop, implement and evaluate communication strategies and programs
- Assist in the preparation of brochures, reports, newsletters and other material
- Responsible for executing campaign requirements on?Landyachtz’s?main social media accounts. Including sub brands Bear Trucks and?Hawgs?Wheels with a focus?on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Plan, deploy, curate, and manage all social media content (images, video and written)?with support from content creation departments.
- Monitor and engage in brand related online conversations?across all social channels boosting engagement with our audience.
- Develop strategies that drive traffic from social media to Landyachtz.com and?report on?the effectiveness of these campaigns.
- Monitor paid social campaign deployments to communicate with engagers and ensure objectives are being effectively reached.
- Develop initiatives to grow our social media presence and community through internal and external influencers programs and campaigns.
- Develop and grow a Social Media Ambassador program and manage ambassadors?with the goal of reaching a wider audience in Hispanic countries.
- Bring creativity and inspired ideas for new social content, promotions, etc. that drive brand objectives.
- Monitor?third party?social media groups, trends, tools, and applications and recommend actions/next steps to keep?Landyachtz?at the forefront of social media trends
- Report on?the company's social media performance?across all channels and tracking?campaign goals and KPIs.
- Organize and maintain digital assets in order to maximize usage of content being provided by the video, photo and graphics team.
- Contribute content to email marketing campaigns.
- Assist in the development of regular blog posts
- Ensure?social?content supports, our brand standards, web style guidelines and?company environmental and social initiatives.
- Work?with different departments within?Landyachtz?to research, develop, and?understand company goals
- Co-ordinate special publicity events and promotions (when the pandemic is over)
- Develop and organize workshops, meetings, ceremonies and other events for publicity, fundraising and information purposes?(when the pandemic is over)
- Until the COVID-19 health crisis passes: some responsibilities of the chosen candidate will be adjusted to include working from home.
- Education: A university degree or college diploma in business marketing, public relations, communications, journalism, museology or a discipline related to a particular subject matter is required.
- Experience: Minimum of 3 years of experience in the social media or digital marketing sector is required, if candidate does not have at least 3 years of experience, a post-secondary certificate or other specialized training in community management or digital marketing is required.
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Work under pressure, Repetitive tasks, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Combination of sitting, standing walking, Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability: Excellent written and oral communication, Initiative, Client focus, Accurate, judgement, Effective Interpersonal Skills, Team player, Organized
- Computer Applications: MS Word, MS Outlook
- Possess technical knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, metrics and tracking.
- Experience using social media management software for managing content scheduling, handling interactions in real-time and measuring performance?with the use of reporting tools is required.
- Experience on Adobe Creative Suite skills – Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, Premiere etc. – to prepare content for posting and Project management and organization skills is required.
- Open to learning/feedbacks
- Understand the importance of a consistent brand voice.
- In-house experience coordinating social media channels for an action sports?brand is a strong asset
- Experience in action sports and the outdoor community is a strong asset
- Experience volunteering with social programs is a strong asset
- Experience with Google Analytics,?Mail Chimp, Social Tracking software and technical based social media assistance software/reporting tools is a strong asset.
- Interest in current events, trends and advancements in social media platforms is a strong asset.
- Is passionate about Skateboarding, biking, action sports and the outdoor community.
Salary: $28.85 - $30.00 hourly, 30-40 Hours per week
Benefits: Extended Health Care, Dental Insurance, Gear budget, Paid time off, Discount and RRSP
Important Information: Position requires flexibility in schedule. Monday to Friday. The candidate will work 6 to 8 hours between 9am and 5pm. Occasionally due to events and meeting projects the candidate will be requested to work extended hours and/or weekend work. We will also give flexibility and have security measures for the worker during the pandemic.