Canine Grooming Assistant
Edmonton , AB
Dogtopia Edmonton is seeking a Canine Grooming Attendant to join our Downtown Edmonton location!
With over 80 locations throughout North America, Dogtopia is a leader in the dog daycare sector. We are committed to delivering safe, open play environments that focus on socialization, education and exercise for dogs of all shapes and sizes. We pride ourselves on our modern, clean facilities and the complete transparency designed into our services and facilities.
Dogtopia is seeking an English speaking, permanent, full-time (30–44 hours per week) Canine Grooming Attendant who is passionate about canines and committed to providing a safe and fun place for our clients.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Leading a room of 25-45 off-leash dogs, in a safe and humane manner;
- Implementing individualized core feeding practices, concentrating on the benefits of nutritional value of each ingredient in the food;
- Ensuring a high level of sanitization in playrooms, personal boarding suites and surrounding areas using certified dog-safe cleaning products;
- Conducting thorough dog temperament assessments and training on how to conduct the assessments;
- Educating dogs in positive behaviours and social interactions;
- Reporting daily on canine temperament, play style and interactions with staff to clients and the Location Manager; and
- Providing spa services including baths, brush outs, ear and teeth cleaning, fur cuts and trims and nail trimming.
In ensuring Dogtopia’s clients are in capable hands, our Canine Grooming Attendant must meet the following requirements:
- Completed high school;
- Minimum 18 years of age;
- Minimum of 1 year experience with canine grooming;
- Available to work as early as 5:00 a.m. and as late as midnight; and
- Previous dog daycare, boarding, spa, grooming and/or training experience are assets.
Dogtopia offers competitive compensation to all of its staff. As a Canine Grooming Attendant, you will receive a wage of $22 per hour plus overtime.