Disability Management and Appeals Specialist
Edmonton , AB
Artis is an Alberta based company providing health and safety, and WCB consulting to companies nationwide. Our safety services include safety program development, COR Auditing, compliance testing, and training.
Our specialized WCB team assists employers in navigating the WCB system. We provide rate reviews, appeals, and industry classification reviews. We also provide disability management support for employers of all sizes.
Artis is active in training and education, specifically in the areas of discrimination, harassment, and bullying. We develop and deliver online training and education with a variety of partners to advance knowledge and understanding in these areas.
About our Company Culture:
Artis recognizes the need for hard work while balancing family and personal time. Our staff work on site, in the office, or at home, as required. We encourage flexibility vs traditional hours. Our work is managed using a project-based approach and we use a matrix management style. There is always something new to do at Artis and we take an all-hands-on deck approach which allows everyone to grow and improve on a continuous basis.
Our main location is an open-concept spacious office. It is pet friendly and we have a room for our employees’ kids to use as needed.
About our Employees:
Because we are a consulting firm, our employees are required to be prudent in time management and efficiency. We value our clients’ time and resources and serve them by following the platinum rule. Our team members pay attention to small details and serve our clients with quality and relevant work products. We always strive to overdeliver on both our internal and external projects.
We are prepared to share, collaborate, and fail-forward in order to grow and improve. Because we are a relatively young and rapidly growing company, we need employees who are looking for careers that will push them out of their comfort zones and who embrace innovation.
Artis is looking to hire a Disability Management and Appeals Specialist on a full-time basis.
Reporting to the managing partner and working closely with the partners and the rest of the Artis team, the consultant will perform a variety of duties with a focus on disability management for clients we engage.
The employee will:
- Facilitate and manage WCB appeals across multiple provinces from the customer service level to appeal level.
- Handle all client inquiries related to WCB disability management and related concerns in a timely manner.
- Complete full file reviews of WCB claims and provide reports to clients with recommendations for costs efficiencies or appeals.
- Provide consultation for active disability management files and liaise with the WCB for appeals inquiries, claims management and regular updates on active files.
- Provide education and training to our clients and industry partners.
- Maintain positive relationship with clients, including regular follow up monitoring for opportunities for improving cost efficiencies.
- Provide critical feedback to clients and make recommendations based on best practices and strategies.
- Write and develop disability management programs based on industry standards and best practices.
The ideal candidate will meet the following criteria:
Desired Candidate Attributes:
- Independent self-starter who is more interested in having a growing career with our firm than just a job.
- Related education and certifications.
- Familiarity in using Canlii and other legal resources for research.
- Understanding and experience in formal project management.
- Strong knowledge of the Workers’ Compensation system and the ability to adapt to policy interpretation in other provinces. Past work experience at a provincial board is strongly preferred.
- Excellent networking skills and the ability to maintain professionalism under pressure.
- The ability to present professionally with C-suite/level executives to provide education and build & maintain relationships.
- A strong work ethic and willingness to learn and help execute new projects and initiatives.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to make solid appeals arguments based on WCB policy and complex medical information.
- Experience in and understanding of HR and/or OHS legislation.
Technical Must Haves:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills.
- Good time management skills in a changing environment, ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good understanding of the full digital ecosystem and the ability to navigate the internet.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- As we are a versatile company with many different areas of business, any additional skills relating to marketing, adult education, presentation skills or any other skill sets that can help a growing business.
Full Time – Regular.
Hours can be negotiated. [KS1] [KS2]
Compensation / Benefits
Artis provides a comprehensive benefit package and retirement option.