MAC (Move, Add, Change) Team Lead/ Project Manager
Ottawa , ON
Who We Are
BGIS is a leading provider of customized facility management and real estate services. With our combined team of over 6,500 globally, we relentlessly focus on enabling innovation through the services we deliver, while actively looking for new opportunities that will enable innovation for our clients’ businesses. Globally, we manage over 320 million square feet of client portfolios across 30,000+ locations in North America, Europe, Middle East, Australia and Asia.
Further information is available at www.bgis.com
The MAC Team Lead is responsible for people supervision, planning and delivering facility moves, adds or change projects, including Furniture Installation coordination and Sustainable Furniture & Office Decommissioning.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Demonstrates strong, competent leadership for team members to guide them in reaching their full potential and meeting their objectives, which supports achievement of our corporate goals. Specifically, these responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Full involvement with recruiting talent.
- Provides mentoring, coaching and guidance to all team members.
- Objectively recommends compensation adjustments.
- Manages all aspects of performance.
- Supervises, mentors and coaches a team of individual contributors.
- Responsible for all aspects of performance management – monitoring, evaluating and providing performance feedback, conducting performance reviews, developing performance improvement plans and monitoring progress.
- Contributes to recruiting new talent and retention of team members
- Objectively recommends compensation adjustments.
- Participates in new team member onboarding to ensure a positive and consistent experience for new team members and consistency of training and onboarding to processes, tools and other materials.
- Strives for 100% employee engagement and satisfaction through effective leadership, communication, administration and provision support including mentoring and team member development activities for direct reports.
- Plans and delivers facility moves, adds or change projects as well as facility planning projects, including Furniture Installation and Sustainable Furniture & Office decommissioning projects.
- Develops a strategy for each project, taking into consideration the client’s requirements and TFMS deliverables.
- Completes the MAC intake form with the client to establish clear goals and objectives for the project.
- Works collaboratively with the National MAC Lead to develop cost estimates and resource requirements for projects.
- Works cross-functionally with other internal team members, service lines, project groups and operation groups to plan, manage and deliver projects.
- With regards to decommissioning projects, clearly outlines and communicates all diversion methods to be used for decommissioning furniture and office goods whether it be transfer, donation, recycle or landfill.
- Coordinates with the client and third-party vendors for furniture delivery, installation and remediation of any furniture deficiencies.
- Develops, shares and updates the project schedule taking into consideration budget, required timeline and any risks to projects.
- Develops and completes tender packages for the procurement of third-party services.
- Provides input, evaluation and maintenance of Standing Offer contracts with third-party services.
- Leads project calls/status updates and distributes meeting minutes.
- Evaluates, plans and manages all Health & Safety risks and requirements, working with the BGIS Health & Safety team and other internal groups as required.
- Keeps up to date with emerging information and technologies with regards to reuse, recycling, and other strategies related to diversion of waste from landfill for decommissioning projects.
- Ensures all projects are delivered on time, within scope, budget and requirements and complies with all regulatory, environmental, health and safety requirements.
- Provides thought leadership in the area of moves, adds and changes, furniture installation and sustainable furniture and office decommissioning.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Develops strong internal relationships with other team members, service lines, project groups and operation groups to plan, manage and deliver projects.
- Maintains an effective positive working relationship with all clients, stakeholders and internal teams on each project to maintain client objectives – One BGIS.
- Contributes to the maintenance of an effective recycling third-party and charity database and hold good relationships with all.
- Effectively and pro-actively communicates with stakeholders, such as Clients, contractors and industry bodies (as required) to ensure Client satisfaction and BGIS’s success
- Maintains a good relationship with all third-party contractors.
Reporting & Communication
- Completes project milestone billing documents and ensures consistency throughout projects.
- Contributes to the development and upkeep of work instructions and processes with the National MAC Lead and others as required.
- Completes project status reporting and monthly financial reporting activities for all assigned projects.
- Participates in regular meetings with the MAC team to drive alignment and consistency in the TFMS delivery of MAC projects.
- Communicates changes and updates to strategies and processes as required.
- Provides updates to the National MAC Lead on project impacts and opportunities.
- Participates in project kick off meetings, both internal and external as required.
- Communicates with all project stakeholders regularly and chairs project status meetings.
- Maintains effective filing structure and ensures all documentation for each project is correctly filed and audit ready.
- Responsible for ensuring adherence with all financial and procurement policies and procedures
- Develops MAC Rough Order of Magnitude (ROM) budgets for proposal development and space-based activity (SBA) management.
- Monitoring contractor Purchase Order’s (PO’s) and ensuring that they align with the approved budget and quote.
- Keeps track of all invoices and cross checks that work billed for aligns with work quoted.
- Ensures all money received from diversion in Sustainable decommissioning projects is given back to the client or established, approved receiver.
Service Delivery Development/ Quality Management
- Works collaboratively with the National MAC Lead, Program Director and other internal stakeholders to develop, maintain and improve upon the MAC service delivery line.
- Develop and maintain measurable Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Partakes in the development and maintenance of all processes, tools and documentation for MAC such as developing playbooks for relocation, furniture installation, etc.
- Curates a selection of successful projects to showcase for presentation purposes.
- Provides guidance and oversight for developing marketing materials to use for procuring new business.
- Ensures a positive client and occupant experience on all TFMS projects to drive repeat business and differentiate BGIS as the logical choice for service delivery.
- Develop and maintains a business development strategy including identifying new contacts and opportunities to be pursued.
- Assists with business development opportunities such as scope definition, fee and proposal development.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent communication skills. (3 to 5 years of job-related experience in moves, add, change, furniture installation, decommissioning and facility planning projects.)
- Effective leadership skills and management skills. (Experience in customer service and client facing activities)
- Skilled in strategic thinking. (Experience managing customer relationships)
- 3+ years of furniture systems knowledge
- Advanced project coordination and organizations skills.
- Has excellent relationship building and relationship management skills
- Advanced ability to deliver non-technical projects such as moves, adds and change projects according to requirements, on time and within budget.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Business development skills including solution development, proposal writing, pricing of services
- Able to meet requirements for Federal Security Clearance
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
- Travel to sites will be required, driver’s license a bonus.
At BGIS we believe that diversity and inclusion is a key business driver, such that we never lose sight of its importance as it is woven into the fabric of our organization. We are committed to maintaining a barrier-free recruitment process by providing equal employment opportunities through recruiting and retention of individuals of all backgrounds. We recognize that promoting diversity is an essential component of our continuing pursuit for organizational success!
Quote Job Reference: 203863